Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The In Depth Interview That Never Was

Apparently Katie Couric spent more time on CBS 60 Minutes gushing over the Secretary of State and asking questions about dating and her social life than she did asking about the failed war on terrorism.

I didn't watch it - I hear them say Rice, Rumsfeld, Cheney, or any of the others and I switch over to a good crime show or turn off the t.v. You know the old saying - you can tell when they're lying; their lips are moving.

Media Matters describes it well.

Personal note: Almost 27 hours have gone by since Ray's doctor ordered a space for him in the hospital.

Still waiting. He hasn't had a stroke - yet.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 12:21:00 AM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    doctor ordered a space for him in the hospital. Still waiting. He hasn't had a stroke - yet

    That is absolutely criminal!! I had a heart attack in Durham in 2002. I was taken to Duke University Hospital, supposedly one of the best in the nation. After being given three nitro's under the tongue, and pronounced "stablized", I then spent the next 18 hours in a hallway, with one thin white sheet covering me, in a heavily air conditioned space. No one checked on me, no medical procedures of any kind were done. My wife came back to visit me - and they couldn't "find" me! My wife then simply started walking the halls, peering into rooms, where she eventually ran into me, shivering. Upon questioning the nursing staff about my location, she was told "I have no idea. We've had twenty open beds for over three days", and with that, the nurse walked off. After I had recovered (in a room, finally!!), I looked at the bill that was sent to my insurance company. "Semi-private room, 5 days, $???? I was in a room three days.:) So I turned them into my insurance for fraud, and sued. My case was dismissed - I had "received sufficient medical care so as to not endanger my life."

    Medical care, like everything else in this country, is a sad farce of what it used to be. It's not the illnesses of life I fear - it't the "medical care" I'll get once I'm in a hospital. That honestly terrifies me.

    Hang tough, Ann. Both of you are in my thoughts.

     
  • At Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:07:00 AM , Blogger billie said...

    i never watch anything with any of the "administration" because it is all lies and it makes my blood pressure rise. give those medicos hell!!!! that is absolutely ridiculous.

     
  • At Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:01:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Sometimes I think I should watch but I know I can pick it all up online almost as quickly.

    I'm with you about the blood pressure rising. Ray has become so used to me swearing at the t.v. and saying things like "I've been trying to tell you that for five bloody years - isn't anyone paying attention?".

    I'd throw a rock through it but he'd never forgive me if I did him out of Star Trek.

     
  • At Friday, September 29, 2006 10:32:00 PM , Blogger Rowan Dawn said...

    she was on shark tale. says enough for me!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home