Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Monday, September 25, 2006

Doin' a Heckuva Job Rummy

The Army is not happy with our SecDef and are beginning to say so. They're using words like "incompetent" and "mismanaged". Another agency is saying our presence in Iraq is making enemies out of allies and creating a generation of terrorists.

Wasn't this what we were saying five years ago?

The White House is dismissing their concerns of course.

To top it off, the Army is asking for at least 60,000 new troops and $17 billion/year to repair and replace equipment. Troops are being called back with less time at home and staying longer once they're there. In addition, the Army is saying as a last resort they may summon more National Guard troops.

I haven't had time to gather as much information as I'd like. I listened to ABC news (some of it) and had time to find one Truthout article.

There's much more out there but my time is limited tonight. I'm waiting for a call from the hospital. The doctor wants to admit my husband once again; we're waiting for a bed.

I was just saying on my own blog how well he was doing lately and then added "one day at a time". I guess I was right with both statements.

While I'm waiting I'm watching the Saints on their first trip back to the Super Bowl . I'm hoping it's a symbol of something or maybe it's just another football game.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, September 25, 2006 10:04:00 PM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    First and most important, my best wishes for a full recovery to your husband.

    Rummy: Bush will never sack him, for to do so, would be to admit "I was wrong", and you and I will both be growing daisy's before that happens.

    N.O. Saints: I share your thoughts. But it's on TV, which means brainless and endless hype, mindless of facts. Further, it's on ESPN. That rules out any hope of a dignified, intelligent presentation.

     
  • At Monday, September 25, 2006 10:50:00 PM , Blogger Gadfly said...

    None of the BushCo neocons will ever admit they're wrong, especially that sleaze bag Bush.

    Really sorry your husband is sick again, Granny.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:15:00 AM , Blogger Jolly Roger said...

    HAHAHAHA.... this is also the title of a post I made earlier tonight :)

    Being sick in this era is maybe the scariest thing of all. I hope your husband recovers quickly :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home