Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

From the place where I live

This article on health care, or the lack of it applies to California but it could apply to the whole country.

I print it here because it appeared as an original editorial in my city paper today. If you know anything about the California San Joaquin Valley, you will realize how far we've come in a short time. We have a couple of sister papers so the article could have been written for one of them and then reprinted but it would still be central California. Doesn't matter, Merced picked it up and ran with it.

A tiny glimmer of hope.

And - they're printing my Letter to the Editor about Brokeback Mountain - probably tomorrow. I do hate censorship and I'm still reasonably sure that was part of it. Maybe then I can decide if I'd rather splurge on the film or wait for the dvd. I just didn't like the decision being taken away from me.

Busy day and sick child today. I'll try to get back later.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home