Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Sunday, September 02, 2007

The Compaq Dinosauer has been resurrected! It lives once again.


Unfortunately, as soon as it stirred to life, the mouse and keyboard died the Death. They are fairly new so I do not know what their malfunction may be. I've unplugged/plugged them in to their respective ports and they still refuse to function. Woe is me!

However, Joy is me! I was whining to daughter Jo about Compaq's death and ailments. She called me a few days ago and said she had ordered me a new computer, monitor, etc. and it would be delivered to me between Sept. 5 - 11. Now if son Terry will return from his job in New York about that time to hook it up, I should have a brand new computer to learn about and gripe of its idiosyncracies. I am greatly excited and grateful to daughter Jo!

I hope my printer and the new scanner/copier Jo gave me but never installed on the Compaq will be compatible with this new machine.

I shall return to blogging before too long. Cheers!!

COMMENTS:

betmo said...
yeah!!!! i hope you have fun with it!!! i am glad that you will be back in the saddle again. :)
Sunday, September 02, 2007 9:31:00 PM
The Future Was Yesterday said...
She called me a few days ago and said she had ordered me a new computer, monitor, etc. and it would be delivered to me between Sept. 5 - 11.ALL RIGHT!! That's a pretty nice Daughter you have there, I'd say! Now we get to learn first hand from a Vista owner....:)
Monday, September 03, 2007 2:19:00 AM
Dem Soldier said...
Labor day to U and yours.
Monday, September 03, 2007 4:03:00 PM
Sometimes Saintly Nick said...
Sounds as if the solution is arriving just when needed!
Tuesday, September 04, 2007 12:21:00 AM
Daniel said...
Wish I had a daughter like that, Worried. Lucky you!I've got a Utopian Movement beginning on my blog. Check it out if you can.Take care now and keep smiling.
Thursday, September 06, 2007 6:11:00 AM
Nvisiblewmn said...
What a great kid!
Thursday, September 06, 2007 4:34:00 PM
Granny said...
How great for you. I'm back online as of today but we're still unpacking and sorting (see granny for updates).I had to delete all my non-personal emails unread and the 2,500 entries on bloglines. I'll get back to reading and writing as soon as possible.Love to all.Ann
Thursday, September 06, 2007 5:02:00 PM
fjb said...
Hey Worried, Now that you're getting a new computer, you'll also be getting Vista. Don't panic, and just remember to use the "Help Center". It's really quite good and answers most of the questions you may have. Just take your time to explore and get used to it. The only problems you may have are with some of your older programs if you try to install them on the new computer. Some of them just don't "agree" with Vista.Don't forget to learn about the "Start Search". IMHO, it's the best thing about Vista, and it's actually really good. Here's a link that may help you out too: Vista Help and How Too's. Fiona
Friday, September 07, 2007 10:15:00 AM

WA: Thank you, everyone.


Labels:

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home