Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Friday, September 07, 2007

Baghdad Burning

Riverbend has just updated her blog after a five month absence. She and her family have left Iraq for Syria and she's written a moving post about their preparations and journey.

Thanks to Enigma for the information. I usually check my feeder for new posts but I've been offline for something like 3 weeks and it will take me a while to catch up.

Personal note:

For any who don't know why I've been offline, my computer and I have been located in different parts of town and are now reunited. I've been updating on "granny" since mid August whenever I could borrow a computer for a few minutes.

Between my trials and tribulations and WA's computer disaster (among other things), it's been a rough couple of months for both of us.

I'll try to get back more often but, as I said in a comment yesterday, I was so backed up I erased all but personal emails so I'm starting from scratch on the political front.

I've either emailed or spoken on the phone to many of you. Thanks again for your kindness and support. I think Ray and I are past the worst now.

Ann
COMMENTS:

fjb said...
Hi Ann,Good to see your life coming back together, and I'm so glad that the worst is over. It's good to see Riverbend back, too, since she was one of the first Iraqi's to speak out, right from the beginning. Her's was one of the first blogs that I read when I gave up on "conventional" news sources, back in '03: what an eye-opener that was. Fiona
Friday, September 07, 2007 10:28:00 AM
David Cho said...
Great to see you back, Granny.
Friday, September 07, 2007 11:40:00 AM
The Future Was Yesterday said...
Welcome "home", Granny! You've been missed terribly!!
Friday, September 07, 2007 1:25:00 PM
betmo said...
glad that you are better- and that you are back! you chicks need to make up for lost time!!! :)
Friday, September 07, 2007 4:20:00 PM

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home