Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, January 26, 2006

WORRIED POSTS

I know that everyone joins together in prayers for Granny and Ray, or as Granny says, have "good thoughts" for them. Some people do not pray or do not believe in praying. I do, but I also believe in the power of positive thinking. So pray or have good thoughts for Granny and Ray. This is a difficult time for their family, I know.

Granny is much more "politically correct" than I am; she is more attuned to some sensitive areas. Perhaps because she is a California liberal and I am a Texas hybrid liberal/conservative. I've been accused of being a closet liberal passing as a conservative. I don't think so. I prefer to call myself an independent; I am liberal in some respects but do have my conservative side also.

I am the same way about religion. I don't follow any particular party line on politics, religion or other issues. I have my own beliefs and I stick to them --unless I am thoroughly convinced otherwise. That is not being wishy-washy. I do not think we should become so deeply entrenched into one way of thinking that we cannot entertain other viewpoints. I am willing to listen to other opinions and if the argument appears valid and sufficient proof is presented, I have been known to change my mind. No one should ever think that they are utterly infallible.

As a certain president seems to think he is; but ofcourse, the rest of us are not anointed by God and receive direct instructions from Him.

We think of you Granny and Ray with prayers or good thoughts or both.
Keep us posted.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home