Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

We interrupt this newscast for breaking news

From Jill Jacobs at the Merced Sun-Star today

Sad but true.

And while I'm on the subject of my local paper, an update on Brokeback Mountain.

Back a couple of days in the "opinion" section is a letter (in response to my letter last week) accusing me of intolerance right below a letter from the town's most notorious homophobe. My original letter is probably still listed in the "letters" section if you're interested. Jackie K., who wrote the original article that Carl G. is ranting about, is a friend so I don't think the placement was a coincidence.
I almost fell off my chair laughing. Brokeback will start here on Friday, incidentally.

I'm really having problems with links today.

My gang went to see Narnia as well. Why wouldn't they? It's a good film. So is the one I want to see.

This man was so vile in a County Board of Supervisors meeting re Planned Parenthood (they do our STD education program and are much vilified for it) that the Chair had to ask him to restrain himself as there were children present. And he's concerned about morality? I was there. His letter is tame when compared to his mouth.

The paper is becoming very brave and I hope they don't suffer for it.

I may have blown the movie issue out of proportion but it is a small example of intolerance in a small city. The fundamentalists have no problem with getting media attention; I might as well answer them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home