Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lindsay Graham

I said in an earlier post that I'd read something unsavory about Lindsay Graham and that I'd check back.

The link in the title will take you to truthout today.

"worried", thanks for the biographical post. My life history (including my extremely checkered past) is all over rocrebelgranny but no one knew too much about the originator of this blog. (I typed bog and went back and corrected - sometimes it does feel like we're sinking sort of like our blog roll).

Funny - usually in a crowd, I'm the quiet one. Blogging gives me the opportunity to speak out.

I noticed "worried" left her first name on another blog comment today. Maybe sometime she'll share it here so I won't have to keep typing "worried".

Not everyone came over from granny. Many showed up all on their own and a few I discovered through what I call trolling and the blog world calls surfing. Thanks to all of you.

Dutch of Sweet Juniper was at 122 comments a few minutes ago. $244. toward scholarship fund I think. Good show and thanks to all from either of the blogs who dropped by Juniper to say hi.

I've now been through my mail backlog and anything I missed you're probably already read. The American Enterprise Institute (conservative) has an article on Abramoff and corruption. They lead, of course, by mentioning Democrats over the years but go on to talk about reform. Honest, if usually misguided.

People for the American Way has a daily update on the Alito hearings. I don't have time to keep cspan on all day long and I'm sure no one else does either so it's a good way to keep up. There are others doing the same thing.

Julian - enjoy those shoes. Comfort is important as you'll realize even more when you reach my advanced age.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:26:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Granny, I understand about the backlog. When I checked into "america" email today I nearly fell from my chair. Over 50!! Many were newsies from Tuesday I hadn't finished, plus new ones, a few adverts and personal emails, Then there's my other email addresses from family and other stuff, and my other sadly neglected blogs. Overload.

     
  • At Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:30:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    P.S. where in the world is "Stupid..? It was 2:15 A.M. Texas time for me but his comment window said 9:15 A.M. His computer clock wrong???

     
  • At Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:33:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Dutch does that to me sometimes. He's in San Francisco, same time zone, but sometimes his posts are stamped in what looks like eastern standard time. Crazy. I can read a clock and San Francisco is in the same time zone as we are.

    Blogger clock stops (or at least it used to when you start typing a post and doesn't restart until you've completed it. You have to manually reset the time at the bottom of the screen. Could that be it?

    I have no idea if "stupid" is male or female or if he/she even lives in this country.

    If he's 9 hours ahead of me, he'd be in Europe somewhere. You're on central time, aren't you? I should look it up.

     
  • At Friday, January 13, 2006 12:26:00 PM , Blogger JBlue said...

    Granny, I was out and about in my regular routine early this week, and I kept finding myself breaking into a big grin in the most inconvenient of locales (campus bookstore, Target, etc.). I was thinking about how my comfy shoes were giving people the world over nightmares (as DA claimed). It really made my day. I wouldn't have worn anything else!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home