Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Keep on Writing - It Beats Apathy

After I wrote the Brokeback Mountain post this morning, I wrote to the editor of our local paper. We'll see if they print it. They had already come out in support of the film so possibly they will. I've had come luck with other issues.

It's a small thing, the refusal of a theater in a small city to run a film, but the small things add up to nationwide bigotry, fueled by the religious right. I couldn't let it stand.

I was chatting online with a new friend a little while ago. She has a blog somewhat similar to what "worried' and I are trying to accomplish. She was concerned about posting too much information or posting what 100 people before her had already done. A friend told her to keep on posting - you never know what will generate a response. (I'm paraphrasing here).

Her friend is right. I've skipped some things that perhaps I should have included. There's so much going on, so many publications and other blogs, that it's difficult to pick and choose sometimes.

And sometimes I throw in a cookie recipe. I can't be gloom and doom all the time. No one can.

We're building a tiny network here and we'll keep on posting. If you've read it before, just skip it. Maybe once in a while we'll come up with a point of view you haven't seen before.

In any event, "worried" and I will feel a little more like part of the solution - not the problem.

Ann

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 14, 2006 6:27:00 PM , Blogger JBlue said...

    Granny, even when everyone is writing about the same event, each voice is unique and each perspective is unique. You are the only Granny writing from your particular perspective, shaped by your particular life. No one else can tell your story or see events outside of you the way you can. I already know what I think. I want to know what others think. I want to know what you think. I want to share what I think with you. Blog on!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home