Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, January 26, 2006

CANADIANS AND OTHER FRIENDS

Glad that Granny was able to post today. I know she is on tenterhooks
about Ray. She has so very much to contend with; her plate is always full to brimming, and now this. Your blogging friends support you in every way we can, Granny.

If there are those among you who haven't met AnvilCloud from Canada, I'd like to introduce him to you. I found him on -epm's comment box and linked over. He has 2 blogs: "Raindrops; cold little raindrops": http://anvilcloud.blogspot.com I haven't a clue about Canadian politics; I have hard enough time sorting out our own. But I'm sure our Canadian friends know what he's all about. His other blog:"Snowflakes" at http://anvildrops.blogspot.com What I read of it is about family. Beautiful Christmas tree. I loved the snowscenes at his headers.

I love nature and natural things, and I love beautiful scenery. A number of our blogger friends have lovely photographs in their blogs.From snow scenes to desert to architecture to weathered rocks to old cemetaries to exquisite flowers to poignant human interest to.....I enjoy their photos as much as their blogs. I just wish they'd tell more about the photos. Our blogging friends are very talented people.

-epm, on Deertown, has a picture of himself squatting at the end of a board walk extending into a marshy body of water. Is that a lake, or an arm of another body of water? What is the marshgrass or reeds growing so prolifically? That looks like a good duck place; what kind of fishes live there? The brief glimpse of the area looks like it would be excellent wetlands.

I love trees. Trees are our friends. Around our homes they give us shade and coolth. They make camping and outings pleasurable. And in their numbers they comprise a great deal of the earth's lungs. I hate to see destruction of the forests and jungles. We humans are such destroyers and polluters. I am not a tree-hugger per se but once when traversing a familiar road and saw the tree killers at work, I yelled at my huband to stop the car. Alarmed at the urgency in my voice he hastily complied. I leaped from the car and raced across the road shouting imprecations and accusations of "Murderer!' at the astonished workmen.

Mortified, my husband chased me down and forced me back in the car. To widen and straighten that lovely old country road, the highway crews were cutting down and removing a magnificient stand of oaks that lined the highway. Some were so huge it would have taken three or four men holding hands to encircle a tree. Many hundreds of years old. I'm still mad about that, 40 years later,and I now detest that nice superhighway they made. Murderers. How did I get off on that?

Now we have Trevor, who does not give us a link to his blog, but posted an amusing tidbit about Canadian ballot boxes. "Did have one crazy guy in Nova Scotia steal and run over a ballot box." That sentence begs for elaboration. Come on Trevor, or some of you other Canadians, tell us more about that."Therein lies a tale."

Progressive Traditionalist is back! I had to assure him I was not his ex-mother-in-law. I swear that none of my four daughters married you.

Faithful JulianB comments every day and many post regularly. We appreciate every one of you so very much. It would take too much space to comment about each of you in one post. Zee would never read it!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home