Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Blame Canada

If the link doesn't work, this article was printed in the 12-30-05 edition of the Washington Post and comes to all you loyal citizens on either side of the border via wemovetocanada.blogspot.com

There have been songs, jokes, and movies over the years from this side about Canada but I didn't know until today that anyone ever took it seriously.

Now we will all find out why Fort Drumm, way up in Northern New York State, is sitting there.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:47:00 AM , Blogger Gary said...

    Ahh, but did you know we Canadians have a secret plan to invade the US!

    We'll wait till your economy implodes from $300 billion a year deficits; till all your troops are spread throughout the world, but not at home; till your gas and oil has run out... then we simply send our professional hockey players to Washington (in their equipment and with big sticks).

    We'll have those Senators jumping in the Potomac begging for mercy in no time. (Then what? That's the part we're working on...)

    By the way, the symbol in my pic is the Amnesty International candle and is a symbol of hope. It's also a photo of my 50th birthday gift to myself - a small tattoo! (My kids go between thinking it's rather cool and that I'm a complete middle-aged doofus.) My wife prefers it to a convertible or a mistress (neither necessarily attainable mind you).

     
  • At Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:41:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thanks, Gary. I had been wondering. Until June 2005 I did not have a computer --actually July before it was hooked up and I found out where the "on" button was, so my up-to-dateness is spotty. I read voraciously but if I had seen the symbol before I had forgotten.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home