Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Why Not Insurrection?

The Future Was Yesterday, http://thefuturewasyesterday.blogspot.com , has an excellent post today, based on Daniel's Seeking Utopia blog, http://seeking-utopia.blogspot.com . He points up the fact that what America does, via Bush and the Neocons ideology and actions, does not affect America alone; it affects the entire world, who is at the mercy of the imperialistic madmen in Washington, et al.

I recommend that you read both posts. FWY links to Daniel.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Daniel has a very interesting avatar. I have questioned him in an email for information on the avatar but so far he has not enlightened me. I am extremely curious about the artwork and the artist who created it. At first glance it appears to be an unusual head, but close inspection reveals a knight's body bearing a lance and mounted on a steed.. The head dress appears to be windmill blades, especially the ear piece. Is this a representation of Don Quiote tilting at windmills and thus represents how Daniel feels seeking utopia? There is considerable detail in the darkened background. I ran a search on Don Quiote art and found scads of it, but none like Daniel's avatar. Maybe it doesn't represent Don Quiote. Come on, Daniel. Save me from terminal curiosity.
Check it out. It is strange but great artwork.

6 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:20:00 PM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    Thanks for asking that question, Ann! I've stared at that thing many times, trying to figure it out! This is almost becoming a Davinci (sp?) Code thing with me.:)

    Perhaps if he give you permission, you can post the answer? And thank you for the link, btw.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:07:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You are welcome, FWY. However, I am not Ann. Ann is Granny and I (Marie) am Worried. Thought I'd clear that up. Granny and I are two great grandmothers and readers often get us confused.

    If Daniel answers me, I'll be glad to pass on the info.

    Cheers.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:26:00 PM , Blogger fjb said...

    How right you all are. What America does obviously has an affect on the rest of the world. That's an undeniable fact, but sadly enough, many of those "out there" don't even realize it, let alone care.

    I seem to spend most of my time trying to get people up here in my small corner of Canada to take some interest in what's going on south of the border. It's frustrating watching as their eyes glaze over and they immediately try to change the subject. "Not my problem.", they say. "Why do you care?" is one of the most annoying questions I hear. Not my problem! Why do you care! You've got to be kidding me! At this point, I usually end up going for the shock value, shooting back something to the effect of: "You do realize that the jet stream generally pulls north , don't you, carrying all that ends up in the atmosphere from the south our way, and dumping it on OUR heads? You may want to think about what that means."

    It's temporarily satifying, to see the initial shock on their faces, but I do realize that within five minutes, they'll have pushed from their minds. I guess they have more important things to think about, like getting that vital passport for the trip to Disneyland.

    There are days when I wonder if I actually like to feel I'm banging my head on a brick wall. Then I realize if I didn't continue to try to wake people up to the fact that we are all living in a global community, I could never live with myself. So carry on I must: bang, bang, bang......

    Peace,
    Fiona

     
  • At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:41:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Fiona; Granny and I understand completely. There are times when I feel like all our efforts are an exercise in futility. People say, "you can't fight City Hall."
    and shrug off the objections to what is happening to our country and to the world and this lovely planet we call home.

    I answer, "Why the heck not? This nation was founded on "fighting City Hall", so to speak. A fledgling colony rebelling and fighting against an empire? And winning? But it did and the United States was born, to grow into the most powerful country on earth (God help us!)

    The difference is: do enough citizens have the guts to do as our forefathers did, to sacrifice as they did, to persevere as they did?

     
  • At Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:45:00 PM , Blogger Daniel said...

    Dear Worried, I did provide an answer on my blog but you might have missed it. I got the painting from Goggle Images after typing in Don Quixote and going through a number of pages of interesting photos.

    As I recall, there was not much information under the painting but I think there was a web address. Look, I'll go through the search again. You've got me curious now.

    P.S. Thanks for the mention of my posts. I hope they achieve something! Take care.

     
  • At Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:51:00 PM , Blogger Daniel said...

    It is on page 2 of Google Images - Don Quixote search. The site that mentions it says that it is by Octavio Ocampo but gives no more info. Sorry!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home