Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Gadfly Posts about Worried

Gadfly signing in. Oh I forgot, I don't have to sign in anymore on the post. After nearly a year Blogger finally made me a bona fide Team Member so my posts get signed in as me.

I'm going to post something about Worried. I think I'm safe because she is busy this weekend getting ready for some kind of whoop-de-doo inspection of the apartment complex she lives in and all apartments have to be up to snuff. Worried isn't the greatest housekeeper in the world but she doesn't live in a pig sty either. There are two things on the list of gotta-do to pass inspection are no clutter and nothing in front of windows or doors to limit exits in case of fire or emergencies. Worried is a clutter-bug, always has piles of notes on her research stuff, stacks of books or magazines she is reading, stuff like that. So she's going nuts trying to organize everything and put it in proper places. She calls her clutter "organized chaos" and in a way that describes it exactly. She might have to hunt for something but she knows which pile contains what subject matter.

The second thing is that her desk is in front of the bedroom window and she was told she had to move it, according to the rules of no windows or doors to be blocked. She pointed out to the pre-inspection team that she lives on the 7th floor and isn't likely to jump out the window to escape a fire, and the living room windows are just steps away from the bedroom if she felt the need to jump out a window or get to a fireman's ladder. No dice. Rules are rules and the desk has to be moved. Her son has to come in from an outlying town to move the heavy thing, plus Worried won't touch the computer with all its mess of stuff attached behind it. But she has to clear everything off of the desk and the little hutch that sits free standing on it. She's in a snit at messing up her organized chaos. In spite of her clutter tendencies, Worried is a very organized person. A place or pile for everything and everything in its place or pile. She's griping that she'll never find anything after all this cleanup. I usually steer clear of her when she's snitting.

Anyway, I feel safe at talking about Worried because she isn't likely to mess with the blog over the weekend and by the time she does, it will be too late for her to delete it. Worried is a very private person and doesn't like to be talked about. She'll snit at me for doing it but her bark is worse than her bite and she never stays p.o.d very long. She 's basically a real good natured person. She can throw some hissy fits when somebody pushes her buttons but she gets over her mad pretty quick.

On a comment JBlu asked who was smacking her. Worried got a chuckle from that and wondered if JBlu had her famous baseball bat handy. Way back when Worried first discovered blogging, she created several personal blogs and more since then in addition to this one. Being a greenhorn, she surfed other blogs and commented freely on some of them, not knowing that some commenters don't debate, they get snotty and hateful to anyone who offers another viewpoint. She attracted some of the snots who addressed her by emails and some nice ones that like her. I guess the first kind are kind of like email trolls. Most of the emailers don't comment on this blog, I don't know why. Worried and Granny don't allow anonymous commenters like some bloggers do, so they either don't have blogs or don't want to be back tracked to their blog if they have one. Most of the commenters on this blog are nice, even when they disagree, and that's ok. The snotty remarks are usually saved for email trolls. Worried is patient with most of them but sometimes she gets aggravated and sometimes addresses them on the blog.

I'm glad the news article about the little kids knitting baby caps to save babies' lives got her mind on other things and off her snit about the drug smuggler. I'll tell you people one thing about Old Worried. Abuse or mistreatment of kids and young people really pushes her buttons. She is very protective of kids and young people and goes on a ranting hissy fit about anything that endangers them, like drug usage and wars. One of her Irish friends called her the Consummate Earth Mother and other call her an old Mother Hen because she is so maternal. She gets rabid about what drugs have done to people and about the terrible carnage of war and it don't make any difference to her about their race. They are all humans.

I guess a part of it is her maternal mothering instincts and maybe a part of her nursing instincts. She was the best nurse I ever knew and was as protective and nurturing of her patients as she is about kids. The sorriest low life entered another category when he became a sick or injured human being. That punk drug smuggler that got shot in the butt and aroused her wrath would have been taken care of like he was the pope if he came under her care as a patient, even though she despised what he had been doing. That old woman is one of the finest people I ever knew and is very loving and tender hearted. She loves people and humanity in general.

I don't like people saying bad things to her or about her. She can throw a hissy fit or a temper tantrum about bad things that happen but she is a very good person and she has a right to her opinions and beliefs. And some things deserve angry objections. As far as I'm concerned, she can get as pissed off as she wants to. I don't mind. She's pretty laid back and cool most of the time but sometimes her Italian Latin temperament comes out and she has a hissy fit, and sometimes the Latin temperament joins forces with her Native American part and she goes on the war path too. But she gets it under control pretty quick.

I just hate it when she gets so upset and sad that she bawls about bad stuff and god knows there is plenty to cry about. Maybe being so emotional is a part of the Latin temperament too. Or of being so tender hearted.

Anyway, you emailing trolls lay off of her. I know her email password, the email you use, and although I don't like to invade her privacy, I CAN get YOUR email addresses and give you tit for tat. If JBlu wants to join me with her baseball bat, maybe we'll come looking for you. Bust up your computer or something. Backtrack me to my blog and send ME some emails, you cowards.

5 Comments:

  • At Saturday, February 03, 2007 8:23:00 PM , Blogger JBlue said...

    I'm here, Gadfly. The idea of anybody harassing that dear lady makes my blood boil. I can't imagine anyone who would do so. I think the world of her, too, and you and I are not the only ones.

     
  • At Saturday, February 03, 2007 8:55:00 PM , Blogger Gadfly said...

    Thanks a heap, JBlu. They really piss me off too. She's so darned tolerant she says they have a right to their opinions but once in a while they get her goat. You know I wanted to say something else instead of darned but Worried don't allow profanity but recently she said damned too.That's when I know she is really really pissed or upset.

    I think most people really like Worried and Granny. They are two great ladies.

     
  • At Sunday, February 04, 2007 7:04:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had to switch to moderated comments on my blog when a group of trolls got together and organized an "attack" of sorts over the Christmas holidays. I logged in one morning and found literally hundreds of the most obnoxious and violent comments you can imagine. It knocked me for a loop and I quit blogging for a while.

    My own 2-cents is that it's counterproductive to give them any attention. Upsetting you is what they're going for. I think the best thing you could do is just quietly delete them.

    You might also consider switching to moderated comments and hiding your email addresses. With moderated comments, users can still contact you privately, since you don't have to post any comments you don't want to.

     
  • At Sunday, February 04, 2007 7:49:00 AM , Blogger Spadoman said...

    Count me in on any baseball bat bashing that needs to be done on ANYBODY messin' with Granny OR Worried. I'l kick some serious ass if anyone tries to make either of these two great gals feel bad.

     
  • At Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:29:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Even with the moderated comments, she'd still have to read them. The problem isn't with the comments for the most part. I see them as soon as she does in my email and we've had only a couple of trolls. Actually it was fun swatting them around.

    Evidently it's just her email. Never mine and I don't understand that. Mine's readily available too.

    It isn't just the political blogs that suffer trolls. The mommy/family blogs are catching it too from people with more time than brains. They need to get a life.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home