Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Have You Seen This?

A "history book, complete with illustrations, has been published and approved for use by the San Francisco Unified School District.

It won't be required but teachers may use it if they wish.

It's a novelty. It tells the truth, beginning with the French and Indian Wars to the present time.

Here's a quote from the Blogging Baby post:

"Addicted to War -- Why the U.S. Can't Kick Militarism" is an unabashedly liberal look at the United States and its involvement in foreign wars throughout its history. The website for the book explains that "packed with historical photographs and quotes from people in the military, the government, and big business, Addicted to War explains who benefits from these military adventures, who pays and who dies."


I can hardly wait for the howls of outrage.

On a personal note, my daughter has been in the hospital since Friday evening and not doing well. I'll try to make the drive today to see her. I don't want to write the whole thing twice so here's a link to my post on granny.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 18, 2007 9:30:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Truth? Amazing. Howls of outrage will no doubt ensue and the books may be yanked.

    I feel for you and your daughter. I must admit that your experience fills me with foreboding about the possible outcome of my own daughter's battle with colon cancer. So far she is doing well. I watch you and think, "there but for the grace of God, go I." These situations can happen to anyone.

     
  • At Monday, February 19, 2007 12:41:00 AM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    First, and most important, my prayers will be with your Daughter.

    I think we can be assured that "novelty truth book" will soon be attacked in such a vicious manner that it will disappear like a snowball in July.

    I do express some concern however, over who is defining the "truth", whatever side it is.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home