Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Citizen Rights for ALL


http://www.freedomtomarry.org/node.asp?id=3605

It is too late to get in on the "week" but it is never too late to get involved. Involvement in this movement can be 365 days a year, not just one week. ALL Americans should have the same basic rights.
The Religious Right is silly to claim that gay marriage undermines and threatens the sanctity of marriage. I asked a certain Christian person who swallowed the brainwashing of the CR/RR just how a gay pair marrying threatened or undermined the sanctity of her very stable and loving marriage. She gaped at me. Like so many of the faithful, she had never exercised any reasoning thought about the CR/RR rhetoric, just accepted it as holy truth. HOGWASH!


10th Annual Freedom to Marry Week 10 years of work. 10 years of change. 10 years closer to equality. Now all we need is you. Read more...
See Granny's posts below re: gay rights, gay children/foster parents

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 16, 2007 1:22:00 PM , Blogger fjb said...

    It's so sad that people can let their fears and prejudice cloud their judgment.

    Two of the gals I work with are getting married in June (by the way, I'm not gay), and I'm thrilled that my son and I are invited to the wedding.

    I may get grumpy sometimes about my government and it's games, but I'm so proud to live in Canada for this reason, among others.

    Peace,
    Fiona

     
  • At Friday, February 16, 2007 11:29:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I am solely heterosexual, never had any inclination toward a same sex relationship, but in my younger, more socially active years there were a number of gays and lesbians in some of my social circles, expecially in the arty/intellectual crowd and in the work environment.

    I became good friends with a number of the gays and lesbians. Their romances, either short term or long term comittments never affected my romantic relationships or marriages in any way.So what is the big deal??

    The RR/CR religious beliefs dictate that homosexuality is wrong, an "abomination unto God" and their eventual goal if/when they establish a Theocratic government is to execute homosexuals. Don't believe me? Do a THOROUGH search on Christian Reconstructionists, Dominionists, Religious Right; check out ALL the pro and con sites.It is a lot of reading but worth it to KNOW YOUR ENEMY, and consider how many of our government officials are in their pockets! It'll scare the hell out of you when you see their Old Testament beliefs and future programs of rule, their plan for non-virgin unmarried women,female adultry (no mention of male adultry, homosexuals, rebellious sons, return to slavery practises, role of women, and other Old Testament Biblical beliefs and practises.

    I am a Christian, as is Granny and Gadfly (although she is an unconventional one :-) ) but we do NOT share these beliefs. We follow the teachings of Jesus the Christ - thus the appellation "Christ-ians".

     
  • At Friday, February 16, 2007 11:31:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    PS: excuse the typos. When I'm ranting or on the verge of a rant my thoughts outrace my aged fingers.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home