Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Friday, February 16, 2007

Disappearing photos= red Xed white squares

Re: photos on blogs being replaced by white squares with red Xs in left corner.

Spadoman: far be it for a tyro like me to advise on blogger/internet/computer usage. I can merely speak from one experience I had. After I published avatars and sidebar photos to various blogs, they suddenly disappeared to be replaced by the white squares/red Xs. I went on a rant blaming Blogger, but it turned out it was my own error, which I discovered by reading Photobucket's tutorial.

Downloading pictures to the blog results in an alphabet soup of letters, numbers, and symbols called htmls being published to edit post page before they miraculously morph into pictures. Apparently these htmls must be anchored to their original source or they go free floating off into cyberspace and the picture is no longer displayed. Breaking the anchor chain, as I did when I deleted my photos from Photobucket, allows the htmls and therefore the pictures to escape. (I get a lot of emails bearing white squares also. I don't know about emails that had good pics from the sender but nothing on my end).

I am certain that more knowledgeable computer users can explain much better than I and probably offer other reasons why this happens, also. Bloggers are always very helpful to each other and willing to share information . Granny and I couldn't have survived on our blogs without help from our blogger friends, and we still get tips. Thank you, all. Anyone who can help, please comment here or contact Spadoman at spado1@mac.com

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, February 17, 2007 3:28:00 AM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    Isn't computing just SO much fun?:) Actually, it is....except when it doesn't work. Then...(:

    I'm reminded of an old chevy I had when I was a kid. That thing never did start the same way two days in a row! Tinker with this, a little less of that....and occasionally a swift kick and a dirty word was required.:)

     
  • At Saturday, February 17, 2007 5:07:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    So Right! One of our readers and friend who used to check in often had an animated atavar I loved.It was a man at a desk beating his head against the keyboard. It symbolized perfectly the frustration users feel so often.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home