Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Clarification for our readers

Some of our most recent visitors and friends are not exactly clear as to the identities of the team members on this blog. It isn't really important as Granny and I are fairly well in accord with the opinions offered here. But to clarify matters, I will explain., as this misidentification has arisen several times.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Granny is Ann, who has the Rocrebelgranny blog and is team member on this blog, Is America Burning, and others. Granny posts in purple text (until she wants to change it).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Worried is me, Marie, also a team member and creator of this blog. I am also a team member of other blogs. I post in blue text.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gadfly is the refuter, as she calls herself, and is the third team member and my long time friend. Gadfly posts in green text.

Granny and I are great grandmothers; Gadfly is a grandmother but her grands have not yet produced offspring. All three of us have much in common. Both Granny and I have biracial great grandchildren. We both are anti-racist. Both of us have a history of activism and each carries on as able. Gadfly is an activist of a different stripe. Granny is rearing three lovely great grand daughters. I helped rear several of my grandchildren, one of whom I adopted as my daughter when she was 5 years old. Granny and I are very child orientated. All three of us want to make the future better for our young ones and all the other young ones of the world.

7 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 5:31:00 AM , Blogger Spadoman said...

    So, which one wants the ride on the Harley? :-)

    You gals are all great and we are lucky to have you around the blogs and in our lives.

    Peace.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:30:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    OK, Spadoman, I'm game if you are. It has been a number of decades since I mounted the - um- passenger seat - of a Harley but I'd try. These days I'd probably need a step stool to mount the thing, but again, I'd try. It would shock my neighbors and horrify my offspring but what the heck - we only live once. It might be fun to have the wind in my face again.
    Sigh! The spirit is willing but alas, the flesh is weak.
    Have fun on your Harley treks as long as you can, and write about your adventures so I can enjoy them by proxy.

    Cheers..

     
  • At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:07:00 PM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    I've thought of y'all for some time now as the "Golden Girls", and in fact, you'll be in a post this evening in that capacity!:)

    If G.W. Bush can sky dive at 80, I'm sure Spadoman can strap you down or something! There's nothing like the low rumble of those pipes, the wind in your face.....Go for it, Girl!:)

     
  • At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:09:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    Spadoman.

    I don't know how much you know about Neil Young but my former boss gave me a copy of one of his cd's for my birthday years ago.

    It contained the song "Unknown Legend" about a woman and her Harley. He said it reminded him of me.

    Many years ago perhaps but I was always drawn to the huge BMW's.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 8:21:00 PM , Blogger Spadoman said...

    Granny... I have a great friend who has two BMW's in his garage and he lives right up the road from you in Eureka on Humboldt Bay. I ride one of them with him when I visit, I'll pick you up, Harley or Beemer, your choice.
    I love the song "Unknown Legend"

    She rides a Harley-Davidson
    Her long blonde hair flyin' in the wind
    She's been runnin' half her life
    The chrome and steel she rides
    Collidin' with the very air she breathes

    You got it Granny!

    Future... Strap hell, she'll have to put her arms around my ample middle and hold on like the rest of em'.

    Worried... We'll get you on there all right, and I'll be gentle with the throttle unless you start screaming for speed!

     
  • At Friday, February 09, 2007 3:39:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'll hang on to you, young man, and damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

     
  • At Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:41:00 AM , Blogger GDAEman said...

    Thanks for the clarification. The colored text thing now makes sense.

    Lets stay in touch ;-)

    GDAEman

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home