Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Year in Review:The Bush Era....

Year In Review: The Bush Era Draws to a Close
2006 will be remembered as the year in which our government imprisoned journalists, embraced kidnap and torture as a "no-brainer," and moved toward implementing an infrastructure for total surveillance of American citizens. Hopefully, it also will be remembered as the year we started to bring these practices to a halt.
Read this article from Wired Magazine.

http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,72330-0.html?tw=rss.technology

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 07, 2007 10:55:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OK your on your way to fame and all that links do do so well.

    You'all keep up the good work.

     
  • At Sunday, January 07, 2007 3:49:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thank you for the encouragement. Granny and I appreciate the boost.

     
  • At Sunday, January 07, 2007 6:37:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No, thank you. I have mixed feelings about my blogging anymore, not because of any success or failure that may come or not, but because I just don't like,( or more apropos, I like it too much,) taking pot shots at the individuals that hold political opinions I personally disagree with.

    Watching PJ O'Rourke reminded me of where we all came from and the politics of confrontation that I grew up in. I feel almost as if I am watching David Horowitz and PJ never grow up, never going beyond the political sloganeering and sneering of the sixties, always on the outside throwing rocks, even when their "party" is in power. I mean who else is still going to college to organize the students? This is a great sadness for me, and not one that I am greatly comfortable going public with.

    I was perfectly comfortable, (except with his political views,) with Bush as Governor and President, with all his baggage, until he started to lie us into the war to end all wars in Iraq. To date I haven't figured out how to undo the damage that he has caused to the American body politic, which has left us little better than those of his liberated nations. All I really know is the current direction is not that answer.

    So you see, in many, many ways I am counting on the underblogs for the insights and observations of the world around us. I am afraid that the big boys and girls are locked into their own success, and will have to confronted in their own time as well. This didn't have to be.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home