Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, September 07, 2006

They Said What?

I see we have some readers who don't care for what Worried American and I are trying to do. I notice Worried American is bearing the brunt of reading all these helpful little hints. That's not fair and I'm not sure why it's happening just to her. My email address is as accessible as hers.

1).You jump around like a grasshopper from one thing to another.Why do you post on so many different subjects? Why can't you be consistent in confronting issues?


2). Why do you post over and over on the same tiresome subject? Can't you inject a little variety? People get tired of you harping on the same thing all the time.

Damned if we do and damned if we don't.


3). Why do you just post links instead of submitting your own opinions?

Why do you have to offer your own half-baked opinions; post the articles, period.

See my reply to #'s 1 and 2.


4). Give a synopsis of the article when you post an url so we'll know if it's worth reading or not.

I thought we were already doing that. Mine are usually brief but WA provides a lot of information.

5) Don't post such long articles. No one has time to read so much. Break them down into short paragraphs.

In words of one syllable? That would probably help.


6). Everybody has seen all that news already so why do you post it?

Not everyone has. Sometimes I post something so I can go back and refer to it here later. What would you suggest? We start making things up? I'll leave that to the neo-cons on the the other side.

7). Why do you think anybody needs to know all that crap anyway?

If you don't want to know all this crap, the internet is full of garbage much more to your liking. Go read it with our blessings.

8). Don't post so much. One or two posts is enough.

That was one of the pearls of wisdom I read when I first started my own "family friendly" blog, rocrebelgranny. I post too much, my posts are too long, I broke every one of the blogging rules because I didn't know they were there. Oh, and nobody wants to read blah, blah, blah about your kids. Write something interesting. Somehow it didn't seem to matter to my readers and if you doubt that, take a look at my blogroll (or this one for that matter). I'm not Dooce and WA and I aren't Daily KOS but we do okay. (Nothing against Heather by the way, she deserves her following).

Worried American, I have one word of advice for you. Or maybe two.

Number one. Forward some of this crap to me. You shouldn't have to deal with it alone. Are you actually replying to them? I hope not.

Number two. Leave the spelling, grammar, and typos "as is". They need to be seen in all their glory. Perhaps we could devote one post a month to "helpful" suggestions just as they come in to you.

I bet many of them are typed in all upper case so our old eyes can read them more easily.

I wonder if any of these people realize there are two of us over here. Our styles are very different and our friends can usually tell from the first sentence or two which one is posting. That might be the reason for some of the conflicting advice.

I have no problem with suggestions or even criticism from our regular readers but these people are just trolls who need to get a life.

In the meantime, I'll just go merrily on trying to tell the truth as I see it and trying to help inform. If we bother you so much, there's a small X at the top of every computer screen. If you click on it, this screen will go away.

Sorry, WA. You deserve better and probably so do I.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:14:00 AM , Blogger Jolly Roger said...

    Jesusistan began sending me fan mail after I attacked Katherine Harris.

    I got around 50 messages that looked suspiciously alike-a word changed here and there, but a body pretty consistent.

    If they mst attack, I would sure appreciate some originality.

     
  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:36:00 PM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    In words of one syllable? That would probably help.
    As usual, you pinpoint the sum of the problem in so few words. Consider this an offer of free post space anytime you want to post of bunch of those "comments." As I told worried a few posts ago, I'll say what both of you are too nice to say, to them!! The sum total of their abilities is to harrass. Don't let them win! You remember the ones I had so much trouble with. I clicked "reject" so many times I thought that was the only word I knew.;) But eventually, they slink back into their caves like the neanderthal's they are.

     
  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:58:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I think that since we both are grannies, some readers don't realize that there are two of us. I have noted a time or two a couple of our regular readers reply to Granny when referring to one of my posts. That's ok with me; we are a team and are on the same page. The message is more important than the messenger.

    About my emailing lurkers, or trolls, I do not know if they merely have animosity towards me or if they scan our articles so quickly that they never notice the byline at the bottom of a post. Ye gods, Granny, don't attract their notice! I am accustomed to them but you don't need harassment on top of your already heavy load of life duties. Anyway, it's just a few and they come and go, so it's no biggie.

    Remember our Trio of Patriots, or something like that? Little dorks finally went away but they still email once in a blue moon, trying to get a rise from me. I rarely reply but if I do,I do so so sweetly and politely that I'm sure they grind their teeth in fristration. I think that most just want to start an argument.

    If they attack our comment section, I think Betmo and Yellowdog Granny might fry their eyes instead of merely making them grind their teeth. :-) Those ladies have a talent for the bon mot that I seem to lack.

    As compensation, I have a couple of friendly ones.

     
  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:08:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    They don't want to attack the "sisterhood" and I remember only too well what happened when the so-called "Patriots" tried it.

    Thanks for the comment, WA. I just couldn't let your post go unanswered and a comment on your post didn't seem sufficient. As you say, we're a team.

    Ann

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home