Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Friday, September 08, 2006

Hacking into our blogs??

Recently JuBlu had a problem of someone using her name in vain on blogs. I do not know the details. But now I have a problem.

On each of my blogs I email some of my posts to blogger. On "settings", "email", "email to blogger" I entered the secret-over 4 characters- password to the address. I did NOT click the "publish" box because I like to edit the posts and delete any Yahoo or other blurbs at the bottom before publishing. So all emailed posts go to "draft".

I was quite surprised to find on my edit post page a draft that is a blatant advertisement, signed with my blog name. Neither Granny nor I publish any advertisements, not even adsense, except a rare tongue in cheek offer for Bush mementos to elicit a snort of derision from our readers. I especially do not want unauthorized advertising on my blogs. Had I activated the "publish" box for emailed posts, that dork's advert would have been published to my blog.

I get advertising spam on my comment boxes sometimes but this is only the second posting to one of my blogs. I do not know how my email to blogger password was obtained but I changed it. People are fairly predictable so perhaps the bad guys set their computers to do a search for possible words pertinent to the blog or blogger until they get a hit. Our computer savvy readers probably understand how these creeps do it. This one left his url but I won't publish it and give him any advertising; I will email it to anyone who wants to fuss at him.

I reported it to blogger. Should I delete his draft or wait until blogger investigates? As near as I can understand it, this is a TOS violation.
_______________________________________________________
UPDATE: I email through Yahoo. Yahoo notified that phishers put fake email pages on your computer just like a yahoo page, so when you log in and send emails, including posting emails to your blog, they get your passwords and the email addresses you send to. I installed their image thingy so if the image doesn't show up, it is a fake email page. These phishers are getting too clever. Fie on them.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home