Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Church/State Separation Under Attack from Another Front

I must have slept through this montrosity.

This bill would disallow payment of attorney fees and court costs to individuals or organizations who won suits against the government in church/state separation cases.

Here's part of what Americans United has to say:

This morning the House Judiciary Committee approved a bill that would deter Americans from defending their religious rights in court. The so-called “Public Expression of Religion Act” (H.R. 2679) is now headed to the House floor for a full vote. Similar legislation (S. 3696) is also pending in the Senate. These bills would deny attorneys’ fees and out-of-pocket costs in cases won by advocates of church-state separation. The measure would make it much more difficult for citizens to challenge government-backed religious activities.


What a pile of crap this is. My senior Senator sits on the Judiciary Committee and she'll be hearing from me.

Please let your Senators and Representatives know what you think of this latest attempt at creating America's version of the Taliban

(I don't know if the link will work. If you have problems, you can probably find American United website or email me and I'll forward their letter to me.)

Please note I not only published an excerpt from the email, I also expressed an opinion.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:20:00 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

    send me their email i need an address for them fuckers and my congressman..judas priest..we are truly fucked if this goes thru..my being a pagan will make me a target for sure..

     
  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:13:00 PM , Blogger SheaNC said...

    Maybe I'm "never surprised", but this is the sort of thing that sends me into shock and disbelief. I can hardly believe this stuff is happening in the real world. In the 21st century! Unbelievable.

     
  • At Friday, September 08, 2006 9:10:00 AM , Blogger Ingrid said...

    Yellowdog granny, be sure to mention that in your email LOL! sorry, it's funny in a good way. Now this bill is not so funny. In fact, you'd think it would belong in some religious satire or something. How unbelievably idiotic! You guys are pretty up on this stuff and thx (be to God/Goddess) for your diligence in reporting this nonsense..
    Ingrid

     
  • At Friday, September 08, 2006 9:24:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Yellowdog granny, you and some of our other friends may be a little higher up on the list but trust me WA and I will be there too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home