Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Monday, April 10, 2006

WORRIED IS ANNOYED

A number of months ago a new blogger commented on this post. As it is our wont to do, Granny and I clicked over and welcomed her to the blogworld and offered encouragement. She seemingly copied some things from our blog (which was a bit flattering) and commented favorably about our blog. On 2/14/06 On Granny's post "Mea Culpa" she posted a welcome and a link to Action Now's blog. So I would say that we have been kind to her.

Action Now eventually began posting to her blog and Granny and I pop over now and then to check her out. Her blog is devoted to anti-immigration articles, which is ok and her right to publicize her opinions. Whether or not I agree with someone, I champion their right of free speech. As a matter of fact, I found points of agreement in some of the articles she posted and even exchanged emails with her and sent her some links, but - and this is a big BUT - I thought her personal comments on her posts were rather rabid and somewhat racist in tone. I disapproved of that. Granny and I had recently exchanged emails about her and I voiced an opinion that before now I would not have posted publically. Now I will.

Even though Granny and I admit to checking out her blog from time to time, neither of us have posted any more on her comment boxes. Granny did not specify why she did not comment, but I would not because I did not want my blog name or our blog to be linked to one that was racist in tone. I'm sure that Granny had similar thoughts. Granny and I, of all people, have reason to be anti-racist.

I was content to let matters be; I did not molest her and she did not molest us. Apparently, though, as we lurked her blog, she was in turn lurking us, as well as other blogs. Granny and I tend to follow much the same blogs - Granny comments more; I lurk more - but I think I probably roam more and I follow bloggers that do not visit here. It has turned out that she has obviously stumbled upon other blogs to which I have offered comment. Since I sometimes use my blog name from some of my other blogs, she may not have realized that the commenter was Worried from Is America Burning. But whether I use Seven Stones from This Is War, or Nocturnal Scribe from Sacrificed for Empire, or Worried, or the blog name from any of my other blogs, IT IS STILL ME! And she made a mistake.

She commented on several posts yesterday on this blog and offended me. I started to delete her comments, as I can as administrator of this blog, but I let it stand. She did offer some viewpoints with which I agreed. However, she 1) claimed authorship of my war blog "This Is War" and 2) she used comments almost verbatum from some of my comments to other blogs - she plagiarized my writing. I could have overlooked the plagiarism but not claiming ownership of my blog. That ruffled Worried's feather and the 2 offenses together annoyed me greatly.

For her information and for any of our newer readers or anyone else she may attempt to deceive, I want to set the record straight. As I became more and more concerned about the horrors of the obscene wars Bush was waging in America's name, the maiming and killing of our (America's sons and daughters) and of the terrible toll we were taking on civilians in those countries, I decided to create separate blogs for those subjects so as to avoid taking up this blog with so many war posts.

On my post "Now Granny's Made Me Madder Than I Was Already", on 2/01/06 I said, "Considering all the material I have to rave about, I'm going to start a new blog just for the anti-war material. I'll let you know when it's up and running." I immediately created the blog.

On my post "Worried Checks In" on 2/02/06, I commented about a blogger problem with my new blog and specified http://this-is-war.blogspot.com. This blog deals primarily with the war as it affects the Arab people. Subsequently I created another war blog http://imperial-sacrifices.blogspot.com dealing with the war as it affects our troops.

Both of these blogs are mine, as offshoots of Is America Burning. Granny can attest to the fact that I created them. Neither of them are Action Now's. She is not only a plagiarist but a liar. I regret the necessity of publically exposing her like this but I do not regret doing it. I do not know her motivation, whether she was trying to entice more readers to her blog, or whether she is becoming a troll. But there is no excuse for lying.

17 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 8:21:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    I'll email you but of course they're your blogs and for exactly the reasons you stated.

    We haven't talked much about immigration over here.I've left a few notes in others' comments but the subject is complicated and others are doing it very well.

    Now it seems to be on hiatus.

    I think deleting comments provides ammunition to the sender and implies we have something to hide but it's your decision. I'll take a look at them.

     
  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 1:18:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    When you posted on your comment box about your disgruntlement I didn't understand what was going on but I felt sure you had strong provocation. From what I have learned about you through the blogging world you did not appear to have a hair trigger temper, so I thought you had good reason for being annoyed.

    Thank you for your comment. I am usually quite tolerant of human weaknesses and errors (don't we all have them) and I could have overlooked her plagiarizing some of my comments, but not of "stealing" my blog. I have very little readership on my war blogs but even so, I did not want either of them appearing to be connected to a racist and name calling blogger. I believed that correcting that impression was imperative and she needed to be scolded for her error. I think she is young (compared to me and Granny) and she needed to be called on to mend her ways.

     
  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 1:41:00 PM , Blogger DA said...

    I think you and Granny deserve a lot of respect and many of us are happy to show it to both of you. But mind you, your posts can be intimidating too. Don't worrie Worried that we can't seperate rants from opinions. Continue the good work and don't mind showing opposite sides but remove insults straight away!

     
  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 1:57:00 PM , Blogger achromic said...

    Well I guess part of the GOOD of being such a bad writer is that NO one ever plagerizs me! I am sorry that you got someone that is so screwed up that she just can't come up with her own stuff and deciding to claim a blog that isn't even yours is psycho land. Hopefully now that you called her on it that will stop!

     
  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 2:32:00 PM , Blogger Marty said...

    I can abide many things...a liar is not one of them. It's okay to quote someone, it's an honor actually, but give a hat tip to the source. Stand your ground Worried.

     
  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 5:07:00 PM , Blogger pissed off patricia said...

    Lying and stealing are just wrong. Good for you for speaking up.

     
  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 9:17:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I thank every one of you for your support. Granny and I could not continue without it. Sometimes we get tired and maybe a little discouraged with all that's going on, but our friends keep us going. We appreciate each one of you.

    I am puzzled, though, Dimitri. In what way can our posts possibly be intimidating? I would think that Granny and I are the least intimidating of anyone. Please explain.

     
  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 11:39:00 PM , Blogger achromic said...

    I can see intimadating worried, not because you yourself are intimating but you guys pack ALOT of info into each post and you don't dumb it down one bit. I personally find it a relief, but I could see why some people might feel a bit overwhelmed.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:52:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    I wandered over to Cafe DA and asked Dimitri the same thing.

    I thought it was funny and knowing Dimitri as I do, I'm sure he was joking.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:30:00 AM , Blogger DA said...

    Joking just a little bit Ann. I am sure your verbal powerer can be intimidating for those that oppose your thoughts. When you choose to stand up and speak out firmly you might expect equal reactions.

    I write a very confronting column in business magazine. Get very confronting responses. It's how it works.

    Nevertheless, their loss! Keep up the good work.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:31:00 AM , Blogger DA said...

    *power (typo)

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:32:00 AM , Blogger DA said...

    Achromic said it..

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:15:00 AM , Blogger Action Now said...

    OK Guys, please don't hang me in effigy, or throw rocks at me or boo me off the web.

    I apologize. I am really sorry I pulled such a dumb stunt. Worried, please forgive me. I promise I'll never be so stupid again.I know you don't approve of the way I talk about immigrants on my blog but still you've always been nice to me and helped me a lot. You're right I need to be more tactful but I just get so mad. I'll try to be more controlled.

    I know it's no excuse for what I did but I just get so frustrated and discouraged not ever having people comment on my blog or make friends like you and Granny do. I guess I just wanted people to think I was smart too, and since you said I appeared racist because of how I talked about the illegals, I thought if I said the This Is War blog was mine, being sympathetic to another brown race, people would see that I'm really not racist.

    I must have missed the post you said you made This Is War because I didn't know seven stones was you or that This Is War was yours. You're right, I saw your name on some comments but they were young people's blogs and it just didn't occur to me that it would be you or that you would even read their blogs.

    I am really sorry. Please don't be mad at me any more. I have two commenters now. I'll try not to be so mean talking and maybe more will come. I'll troll for new readers like you suggested and maybe they'll come back if I don't turn them off with my raging.

    I hope your readers will forgive me too. Your readers seem to be really be friends to you and granny. I'd like to have some friends too.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:36:00 AM , Blogger JBlue said...

    Wow, Worried, you are a natural born mom!

    I am proud to say I was in on This is War from the beginning and was perhaps the first person to link to it after you.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:20:00 PM , Blogger achromic said...

    Action now I left a comment on your blog. It was not a nice comment, you apology here is not enough... you will now have to prove you moral fortude with action...... good luck with that.

     
  • At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:26:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Action Now, I accept your apology. It was a mistake or wrongful act but no harm was done to me. I wasn't harmed, just annoyed. But harm was done to YOU. You have damaged your reputation and that is not a good thing at all. A good name once lost is difficult to recover.

    Every one has at one time of another done something foolish that they wish they had not done. I will tell you the same thing I've always told my young ones:
    It isn't a disgrace to commit an error; the disgrace is if you fail to learn from your mistake and continue to commit it over and over. So please profit from your mistake and learn a lesson, and don't do it again.

    Nation In Crisis is your blog and you are free to post it in any manner you choose, as is your right. I would advise you once again, however, to tone down the rabidity of your remarks as that is a turn off for most people. You may offer your disapproval in a more tactful way.

    There are people who are anti-immigrant (or anti- illegals) but not for racist reasons and will not associate themselves with the bigots. If you don't appear to be a bigot, you might get more readers and commenters. I think the way you express yourself would tend to draw bigots. Unless that's the kind of readers you want...??

     
  • At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:23:00 AM , Blogger Bebe said...

    Dear Worried,
    I admire your tolerance of the non-tolerant. I have no patience for the lying, greed and unaccountability that have become the new American way. From the media to the to the White House, in schools, health and religious institutions, who is to be believed?
    With all the lies, everyone has their own version of what the truth is and much it can be manipulated. We all have a responsibility (another passe concept) to keep the truth alive, or failing that, resist the effort to spread more lies.
    One truth is that most Americans are from immigrant stock, therefore I believe this immigration issue is about racism, not loss of American jobs. And I strongly object to Action Now's use of the term brown people. It implies that other-colored immigrants are more acceptable.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home