Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Raging Grannies - updated

Someone the other day was asking me about "Raging Grannies" and what I knew about them.

Here, from Common Dreams the other day, is an article by one of their Seattle members. They haven't started here locally but it wouldn't surprise me to see them around soon. They're catching on.

Update - yes they have started here. I'll have to find out how they're doing. I'm one "raging granny" who may not be able to sandwich in one more thing but we'll probably do some vigils jointly.

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:25:00 AM , Blogger Mother Sharon Damnable said...

    I'm an apprentice :>)

     
  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 10:42:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    And learning fast. The "pinks" are local so you may not find much. I have more on our activist web site

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 7:54:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    What is your activist web site, Granny. I didn't know you had one. You are full of surprises.

    Did you sign the petition for the pinks? I even used my real name. :}
    If Bush wants records of the evil anti-warmongers, he's got me!

    Husband #2 was in Oil but he's not high enough up the food chain to be privy to that sort of info. Anyway, he's retired now I'm sure. Actually Bush doesn't bother his little head with such details anyway; he leaves the anti-war pests up to his goons.

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 3:05:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    cvhopefuls has a yahoo group
    so does our local pflag

    We all feed information to it very like a blog with members.

    It's a fast way of coordinating activity, planning actions, getting the word out, etc. We're so scattered and so busy nothing would get done. One person puts on a message it gets to everyone as well as to their mailbox if they wish.

    You know me and computer language. I should have said yahoo group, not website.

     
  • At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:41:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Good plan.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home