Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Friday, February 24, 2006

Things are not good in Baghdad

From Alternate today, a first hand account of the escalating violence between religious factions in Iraq.

Riverbend is a female blogger in Irag.

Click on the title to go direct to her blog. The link in the post will take you to Alternet's cover article (which also contains the blog link).

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 8:31:00 PM , Blogger Gary said...

    Thanks for the link - I'd seen her blog before, but lost it. THis is indeed sad (and scary). I can't see a light at the end of this tunnel, can you?

    I have an Iraqi friend here in Canada - we watched a film of people running from an explosion and she saw a doctor running who is a personal friend of hers. She lost it (understandably).

    Whether the US army stays or leaves, it may chaos for years to come (worse chaos from the invasion, in my view).

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:24:00 AM , Blogger DA said...

    Very sad it is Granny and Gary. I wonder what would be a better scenario: Saddam with his repressive regime as it was or a country in civil war?

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 1:57:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    Even the conservatives are chiming in about leaving. Buckley and at least one other. I started to post it last night but I was into overload already. If someone else has it, I'll post a link; otherwise, maybe I'll put it on later today.

    It's in truthout today - maybe Slate last night. I'd have to go look.

    Buckley is wrong I think in much of what he says but he's right about this - just a little late to the party.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home