Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Could the government really be this evil?

I don't know and it's something I've so far been unwilling to admit, even to myself. I don't mean that I deny it like some still deny the Holocaust. I just don't know so I keep on reading.

9/11 conspiracy theories abound - some more credible than others.
The post I've linked to here, what I've read so far, seems credible.

Tina over at Fuzzy and Blue has posted an alarming chronology of events leading up to 9/11 along with a recommendation for a documentary. It's one event after another, all documented.

I haven't had time to read it all. It's past midnight here, so I'm linking to her blog with that disclaimer. What I did read was frightening. Most of the commenters here read Tina's blog as well but some may not. We should all take the time.

If it's true, can we do anything about it? I don't know. Do the series of events add up to proof? I don't know. I do know the more information we have, the more possibilities exist for change even though we're getting very late in the game now.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm 67 (almost 68 now) although I'm sad to leave a world such as we have now for my little girls to inherit. I'll just keep on reading and writing in the meantime. It beats doing nothing.

Ann

4 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 3:26:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I've been doing a lot of research on the conspiracy theories, some totally ding bat and some very, very credible. It would not be the first time a givernment engineered aan attack or a tragedy to gain public support for actions to further a secret aganeda. In the video I posted Bush admitted that there was no evidence Iraq participated. He and his cabal had planned to attack Iraq long before, as well as other Middle Eastern countries in their goal of imperialism.

     
  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 5:16:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    I suppose we could go clear back to the Spanish-American War and possibly even further.

    Pearl Harbor? Who knows?

     
  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 2:58:00 PM , Blogger Seven Stones to Rapa said...

    The white-euro superiority belief in Manifest Destiny was going strong back then.

    The conspiracy nuts aver that the Roosevelt administration had advance knowledge that Japan planned to attack the US (NOT that he engineered it nor cooperated in it). It was a fact that Japan, by doing so, gave the US reason to stop Japan's expansionist policies and to liberate parts of the Pacific seized by Japan. Extremely simplistic view of a complicated issue, but it is also a fact that a Japanese-dominated Pacific would have been untenable for the US and Western powers.

    Americans were lied to about the Tonkin "attack" in order to gain public support for that war. I expect we have been lied to by our fearless leaders more than we can begin to imagine.

    Google 9/11 conspiracy and you'll pull up a ka-zillion sites to peruse.

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 11:14:00 AM , Blogger Alice said...

    The thought truly is frightening.

    And the fact that the government really COULD be that evil, whether in this instance it has or it hasn't, is even more frightening, and indeed sickening, still.

    I haven't had a look at the link yet; I don't feel strong enough. I have a feeling I know what I'll find though, and will probably prove myself right tomorrow.

    Keep doing what you're doing, guys. Keep reading and writing. It does more than beat doing nothing: it proves that there are still people who care.

    Just Keep Going.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home