Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, February 23, 2006

WHY DO WE POST SO MUCH??

I've been asked why Granny and I post so much. Some our emailing lurkers as well as friends and family who seem to have a pathological terror of commenting on the blog comment windows have asked/complained about Granny and me being such prolific post-ers.

First allow me to say no one forces a person to read everything on the posts. That depends on a person's personal preference and interests.

Second, many if not most of our readers are much younger than Granny and me. Many if not most are still employed, have families and home duties to take up their time and energies. Many if not most simply do not have the time or opportunity to peruse all the newsies that Granny and I do. Most of the newsies that we subscribe to often offer news or viewpoints that you do not get from mainstream media or merely get sound bites instead of more indepth reporting. Therefore, we offer a source of news and information that our readers may otherwise miss. Upon reading a particular post, some of you have remarked to me, "I didn't know that! I never saw it on the news!" So we provide a service as well as a connection to like minded people.

Granny doesn't hold down a job but anyone who says that a woman who takes care of a home, husband, sick daughter, rears and participates in the education of 3 children, joins outside activites, engages in activism pursuits, maintains 2 blogs and reads countless more, plus keeps up with newsies does not have a job is full of malarkey. How does she do it? Snatching free moments here and there and keeping some mighty late hours. I know, during my late night insomniac hours I get pop ups that she is online. Often we post at the same time.

I, on the other hand, live alone and am responsible to no one but my cat and beta fish. I have a great deal of family involvement but normally have 24 hours a day to do as I please. I read a LOT of newsies of all sorts and research a great deal, getting more information on a subject or issue. I have the free time that most of our readers do not.

So that's why

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home