Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, January 07, 2006

We Can Make a Difference

I mentioned briefly in an earlier post the proposed Raceway in my county. Everyone thought it was a "done deal" until a very small, noisy, group started looking into it. They had no real experience dealing with anything like this but they learned quickly.

I've been on the fringes of this one. I support them and I'll write letters and postcards as well. I don't have a lot of time to do more.

Anhow, the article above was in the local paper today. The racetrack has moved from a "done deal" to one where people are asking the right questions.

You don't have to be interested in our local battles to understand what I'm saying. Working together, we can make a change. We may not win but it sure isn't going to be a runaway.

Incidentally, none of us are puritans and many of us enjoy NASCAR and other automobile races. It was the horrible location and lack of foresight that disturbed us. Once we had a chance to look through an extremely complicated EIR (I'd never seen one before) it became clear that the owners could do almost anything they wanted without consequence.

Ann

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 07, 2006 11:20:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Every time someone comments to me, "but I'm just one person. What can I do?", I remind them of what one woman, a certain athiest named M.O'H, did...just one person got the law of the land changed to take prayer, etc. out of the schools. Whether or not one agrees with that woman's actions, the fact remains that she demonstrated that one CAN make a difference.

     
  • At Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:43:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Yes she did and Cindy Sheehan isn't half bad either.

    And neither are we.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home