Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hate Crimes Act - Call to Action

I hate to bombard you like this but my net has been very iffy the last few days (Comcast is about to hear purple prose from me) and I'm posting when I'm able.

Senate action on the Hate Crimes bill is iminent and the opposition has been very busy twisting the facts. We still have time to convince the Senators in the "undecided" column.

Here is an action notice from PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays).

I know I've said it many times but please let your Senators know how you feel.

Phone calls are best, but anything will help.

For me it's personal so, on behalf of my son and my family, thank you
COMMENTS:
ThomasLB said...
I made my phone calls, and put a post up over on my blog about this issue.Contacting my representatives was pointless- I live in Texas, and we're not done fighting the Civil War yet- but hopefully someone in a swing state will click the link and make their own phone calls.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:59:00 PM
Nvisiblewmn said...
I'm with you, Gran.
Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:22:00 AM

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:59:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I made my phone calls, and put a post up over on my blog about this issue.

    Contacting my representatives was pointless- I live in Texas, and we're not done fighting the Civil War yet- but hopefully someone in a swing state will click the link and make their own phone calls.

     
  • At Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:22:00 AM , Blogger Blank said...

    I'm with you, Gran.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home