Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Gadfly checks in

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
******

I hardly ever comment here even though I'm a team member, but I keep up with the blog. Usually by hanging over the Old Woman's shoulder when she's working on it. She hates that (she says it annoys her intensely) but she's put up with me for many years and is pretty patient. I visit her a lot when she's not chasing around to her family's homes or on errands and when she isn't home, I come in to check on her cat and get on her computer. She gripes about her computer being old and slow (like herself she says) but hers runs better than mine.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Her computer and mine are old and outdated. She calls hers a dinosauer and I reckon it is. When she was hunting for stuff to delete or uninstall to regain more memory, she came across some stuff installed in 1998!. That's old for a computer.

I've learned a lot from the Old Woman over the years. If I can't remember words she's used I ask her what's the word for blah blah and she'll tell me then tell me how to spell stuff. She's the smartest person I ever knew and she bitches like hell now about being unable to remember things, jeez louize she gets mad when she spells something wrong, but she still know more stuff than the average person. I don't know why she was always interested in so many things, wierd stuff too, and stuck it in her memory banks. Who gives a damn about the ancient Chaldeeans or who invented geometry? She's got files she's downloaded on ancient mathmeticians! Who cares? All sorts of stuff she likes. Strange old lady. I like her a lot!! Even if she is wierd. We're as different as night and day and we're best friends.

Hey, the Future Was Yesterday! Thanks for the defense and kind words!

"Y'all be leavin' Ms. Gadfly alone now, y'all heah?":) Every good dish needs several spices....:)"

I guess in this dish I'm the hot peppers and stuff like cayenne powder. Granny and Worried hardly ever get raunchy like I do. I'm kind of hot headed but they are more self controlled and lady like.

Lady-LIKE? No like about it, they ARE ladies. They might have been a little frisky when they were young but they were still ladies. I remember when we were young I'd be slopping around in worn out denims and canvas shoes with holes in them, and Worried would be all gussied up in hat and gloves and spiky high heels and stockings with seams perfectly straight. Yeah, you young squirts, stockings used to have seams down the back, no panty hose back then and ladies wore hats and gloves.

She was one classy lady but democratic as hell. It never bothered her how I dressed and acted and she'd take me in to the finest restaurants with her as if I was the Queen of England, holey pants and shoes and all. Didn't bother her a bit and damned sure didn't bother me. I didn't give a damn what some of those snooty people thought that looked down their noses at me. She always said that character was what mattered, not bank accounts. I guess she saw more in me than I thought I had and I loved her for it. She has been a true friend to me.

Yeah, they might have been frisky when they were young. Granny spoke about riding motorcycles and some dude dedicating a motorcycle song to her. That's just high spirits of the young and don't make her any less a lady. Worried rode them too, starting out riding the back of an old Cushman (remember those?). Later she'd ride the bitch seat behind a kinda sorta boyfriend of hers. Her Mother would have had a cow. When he'd give her a ride to work (before she went into nursing) she'd wear suits, heels and hose. She couldn't straddle the bike without hitching her skirt up thigh high over her garter belt snaps which she wouldn't do so she'd ride side saddle. Dangerous! I reckon, but she always got there safely.

I really appreciate all you guys always being so nice to Granny and Old Woman. Those LADIES have had the best of what life gives and the hell life gives and they deserve all the nice things it has to offer now in their older years. Thanks, guys and gals - you're the greatest!

ps: Hey Daniel: No body know where Australia is? Sure they do! I never been there but the Old Woman has. She loved it and loved the people and the Kiwis she met. She brought back reams of photos and articles excerpted from books their local library had shipped in from Perth, 800 miles away. Australia has some of the oldest land mass on earth, she told me. Critters there not found anywhere else in the world. A most fascinating country she said. Do you know any other person, man or woman, that would ask a library to ship in books on the geological history of a country? They thought she was wierd but they did it. She loved the books and is pissed because she can't find the books here.
pps: She likes you too. and really digs your blog.

ps again: now what in hell is blogger up to? Published half my post in purple which is Granny's color instead of green which is my color. Blogger is a pain in the you know what.

COMMENTS:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Usually by hanging over the Old Woman's shoulder when she's working on it. She hates that (she says it annoys her intensely) but she's put up with me for many years

ROTFL!!! Gadly, I don't know whether to run like hell before Granny and Worried get here, or give you a big hug! So I'll compromise: You get the big hug - Then I get the hell out of here!:)

My Mom must have known you - for she told me soooo many times, in a voice of exasperation...."Daniel (I always knew I was in it deep when I heard "Daniel"), I think you were born to be a part in a washing machine!!" You figure out what part she was referring to!:)

Sunday, July 15, 2007 6:00:00 AM

Worried said...

Gadfly didn't roust me out of bed before God was awake this morning and doesn't answer the phone. Either she is out running the streets terrorizing the natives OR she thinks she's in the doghouse with me and is hiding out laughing her head off.

She'll love the hug.

Chuckle! re: what your mother called you. That fits the Gadfly too. Plus my 2 sons were born agitators also.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:34:00 PM

WA: Now What?? Blogger is printing guest comments and mine in GREEN - Gadfly's color! My color is blue and guests' should be black. Oh well, not a problem like all the other stuff Granny and I have hassled with.
Granny said...
Gadfly, I'm an unreconstructed hippie (60's throwback without the LSD, etc.)who spent 25 years in San Francisco and I might put on a dress once a year. The rest of the time? Jeans or denim shorts with a San Francisco Giant t-shirt or the equivalent.Glad to see you posting. I keep telling our visitors there are 3 of us.
Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:34:00 PM
Nvisiblewmn said...
Hey, you're back! All of you, I mean....
Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:35:00 PM
Daniel said...
Hey, surely this is the most colourful blog on the internet. And it has the very nicest people running it.I think it's time that 'older' people like us once again occupied an important place in society. We have experience and wisdom on our side and you can't buy that in Walmart!Cheers from Down Under!
Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:20:00 PM




Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 15, 2007 6:00:00 AM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    Usually by hanging over the Old Woman's shoulder when she's working on it. She hates that (she says it annoys her intensely) but she's put up with me for many years

    ROTFL!!! Gadly, I don't know whether to run like hell before Granny and Worried get here, or give you a big hug! So I'll compromise: You get the big hug - Then I get the hell out of here!:)

    My Mom must have known you - for she told me soooo many times, in a voice of exasperation...."Daniel (I always knew I was in it deep when I heard "Daniel"), I think you were born to be a part in a washing machine!!" You figure out what part she was referring to!:)

     
  • At Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:34:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Gadfly didn't roust me out of bed before God was awake this morning and doesn't answer the phone. Either she is out running the streets terrorizing the natives OR she thinks she's in the doghouse with me and is hiding out laughing her head off.

    She'll love the hug.

    Chuckle! re: what your mother called you. That fits the Gadfly too. Plus my 2 sons were born agitators also.

     
  • At Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:34:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    Gadfly, I'm an unreconstructed hippie (60's throwback without the LSD, etc.)who spent 25 years in San Francisco and I might put on a dress once a year. The rest of the time? Jeans or denim shorts with a San Francisco Giant t-shirt or the equivalent.

    Glad to see you posting. I keep telling our visitors there are 3 of us.

     
  • At Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:35:00 PM , Blogger Blank said...

    Hey, you're back! All of you, I mean....

     
  • At Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:20:00 PM , Blogger Daniel said...

    Hey, surely this is the most colourful blog on the internet. And it has the very nicest people running it.

    I think it's time that 'older' people like us once again occupied an important place in society. We have experience and wisdom on our side and you can't buy that in Walmart!

    Cheers from Down Under!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home