Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Bloggers Against Theocracy

Neither Granny nor I nor even the hell raising Gadfly are against religion. We are not against churches, synagogues, temples, mosques nor any other such entity. We are for freedom of religion and the right to worship according to one's conscience or to refrain from worshipping at all.

However, I feel free to speak for all three members of this blog when I state most positively that we are AGAINST a THEOCRACY, and we are FOR Separation of Church and State. I believe that most if not all of our blogger friends agree.

This 4th of July week (from 1st through 4th) there will be a Blogswarm of bloggers against theocracy. Information is at http://blogagainsttheocracy.blogspot.com/ . Scroll down below list of bloggers for information about the event, what to do and how to do it. I hope you will also sign the petition against a theocracy. We don't need a Fundie/Government.

Note that FFF has pertinent banners and sidebar logos to post free if you are interested. I posted a logo on our sidebar re: anti-theocracy.

COMMENT:

Granny said...
Okay - it's fixed.
Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:08:00 AM
Kvatch said...
Uh... Isn't this the second "Blog Against Theocracy" swarm? I already did a post for the first one. Maybe in the interest of the environment, I could just recycle the first one? You know save those electrons.
Sunday, July 01, 2007 3:38:00 PM
Daniel said...
Got your message, Worried. Good as done! If we don't act we'll have the Spanish Inquisition all over again.
Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:01:00 PM
Worried said...
Thanks Kvatch and Daniel. Yes it is the second Swarm. Previous posts done are no doubt just as pertinent today - so recycle, Kvatch dear. Daniel, from some of the literature I have read of the Fundie's beliefs, Inquisition is a fair prediction. You know, sacrifice the body to save the soul?I am out in the country again using my daughter's computer. Publishing comments on Granny's post resulted in the run-together text. So it is NOT my computer. Must be browsers or blogger.
Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:49:00 PM


Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 9:08:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Okay - it's fixed.

     
  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Uh... Isn't this the second "Blog Against Theocracy" swarm? I already did a post for the first one. Maybe in the interest of the environment, I could just recycle the first one? You know save those electrons.

     
  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:01:00 PM , Blogger Daniel said...

    Got your message, Worried. Good as done! If we don't act we'll have the Spanish Inquisition all over again.

     
  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:49:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thanks Kvatch and Daniel. Yes it is the second Swarm. Previous posts done are no doubt just as pertinent today - so recycle, Kvatch dear. Daniel, from some of the literature I have read of the Fundie's beliefs, Inquisition is a fair prediction. You know, sacrifice the body to save the soul?
    I am out in the country again using my daughter's computer. Publishing comments on Granny's post resulted in the run-together text. So it is NOT my computer. Must be browsers or blogger.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home