Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sure Could Use a Little Good News Today


That's a line from a song done by one of my favorite Canadians, Anne Murray. Happy Canada Day to all of our good neighbors to the north. 140 years and going strong.



I've taken the day off from doing anything useful like housework or cooking. One child is spending the night with friends and the other two settled for quesadillas. I've been watching my Giants and blog surfing at the same time. (paragraph here)



All of which leads me back to the post title. I was over visiting Echidne of the Snakes (speaking of rockin girls) who was directing traffic to Phila of Bouphoria who writes a weekly post called Friday Hope Blogging.(paragraph here)



I've tried from time to time to write an upbeat post over here but sometimes it's difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm always expecting the oncoming train.(paragraph)



Phila has compiled a post of hopeful news items and some lovely photographs. I hadn't seen any of her writing before but I've added her to my list of fantastic women rockin girl bloggers.(paragraph here)



Take a look if you'd like to brighten your day.



Update: I did not type this as one long, runon paragraph. Pretend the paragraphs are where I say they are.

I'm trying to fix it with html so who knows what the next viewing will look like.



Hey, it worked!! But shouldn't Blogger be doing this for us?



I'm leaving the little notes for "paragraph here" so all of you can share our frustration. Not only did blogger give us one long paragraph, it broke up two sentences in the middle. Half the sentence in one paragraph, the other half two lines down. I fixed that too but I'm growing weary of trying to figure out code.

COMMENTS:
Worried said...

You are one-up on me, Granny. I haven't figured out the code to fix it when Blogger runs an entire post into one long, unending "paragraph" on some of my blogs. It will be just fine on edit-post page but a solid page of print upon publishing. And it has split my sentences too, skipping down to the next line to complete a sentence.

SheaNC has graciously emailed me his little avatar of the man banging his head on the computer. I think that should be our "theme song".

I note that Blogger is trying out some great and wonderful innovations and marvelous new things for draft. Do you reckon that their tweaking may be part of the problem? Seems like it takes a while for them to iron out the bugs when they hit us with some fantastic new things (that I absolutely will not touch!)

Sunday, July 01, 2007 4:06:00 AM

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks to SheaNC for this visual "theme song" for me and Granny. Incidentally, check out SheaNC's post of Thursday, June 14, 2007 for a good laugh.
P.S. If you haven't done so already, pop over to Granny's Rocrebelgranny blog and sign her fantastic Guest Book. Looking GOOD, Granny!
July 01, 2007 4:06:00 AM
Granny said...
It won't let me type the code here. Remember how to do a strikeout? Substitute a "p" for the "s" and put one without the slash and one with the slash the end of each paragraph (to open and close - just like the strikeout). It's like a link or the blogroll - you need to open and close it.If you can't figure it out from this, let me know. I'll email it.If you look at some of the things you copy from other places, you'llsee it. I just guessed that it was short for paragraph (or maybe linebreak - whatever works).When it splits the sentence, look at the code. Blogger has inserted aparagraph break. Delete it and the sentence should be okay.My edit post page looked okay too. It was the finished product that messed up.I hadn't noticed anything new except the automatic save (which I dolike because we are subject to sudden power outages here). I haven'tlost a complete post lately.Also, you can always look at my code or anyone else's. I'll have to look it up again but there is a way.
Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:50:00 AM
Granny said...
I found a tutorial and copied the page about paragraphs.Here it is
Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:57:00 AM
Worried said...
Thanks, Granny.
Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:56:00 PM



Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 5:06:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You are one-up on me, Granny. I haven't figured out the code to fix it when Blogger runs an entire post into one long, unending "paragraph" on some of my blogs. It will be just fine on edit-post page but a solid page of print upon publishing. And it has split my sentences too, skipping down to the next line to complete a sentence.

    SheaNC has graciously emailed me his little avatar of the man banging his head on the computer. I think that should be our "theme song".

    I note that Blogger is trying out some great and wonderful innovations and marvelous new things for draft. Do you reckon that their tweaking may be part of the problem? Seems like it takes a while for them to iron out the bugs when they hit us with some fantastic new things (that I absolutely will not touch!)

     
  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:50:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    It won't let me type the code here. Remember how to do a strikeout? Substitute a "p" for the "s" and put one without the slash and one with the slash the end of each paragraph (to open and close - just like the strikeout). It's like a link or the blogroll - you need to open and close it.

    If you can't figure it out from this, let me know. I'll email it.

    If you look at some of the things you copy from other places, you'll
    see it. I just guessed that it was short for paragraph (or maybe line
    break - whatever works).

    When it splits the sentence, look at the code. Blogger has inserted a
    paragraph break. Delete it and the sentence should be okay.

    My edit post page looked okay too. It was the finished product that messed up.

    I hadn't noticed anything new except the automatic save (which I do
    like because we are subject to sudden power outages here). I haven't
    lost a complete post lately.

    Also, you can always look at my code or anyone else's. I'll have to look it up again but there is a way.

     
  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:57:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    I found a tutorial and copied the page about paragraphs.

    Here it is

     
  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:56:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thanks, Granny.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home