Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Blogger Gone Ape S**T?

Before the Old Woman catches me for cussing on this blog, will someone please tell me what in hell is wrong with Blogger screwing up the posts? That one of Worried's about Gaps is a doozy.

Also, it is screwed up on both Internet Explorer and MFer (Mozilla Firefox - yeah, I dislike it as much as the Old Woman does) but on IE the sidebar is crowded out but on MF the sidebar is ok. WTF??

And what';s the deal about Blogger sticking all that crazy code in our posts that pushes the writing so far down? The gap, as Old Woman calls it.

Is Blogger freaking nuts? I said fREAking, Old Woman, don't get your knickers in a knot.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

COMMENTS:

Granny said...
Nice to hear from you, Gadfly.I can't figure out why Blogger does it on this blog but not on "granny".I'll take a look and see what's causing that huge gap at the bottom. There wasn't any code there that I could see.
Saturday, June 23, 2007 5:50:00 AM
Worried said...
On one post there was the same code at bottom as the mess we have to delete from the top, but others didn't have it, just the huge white space.On some of my personal blogs the accursed code at top is present AFTER something is saved but not if I publish directly, yet even then there is the wide space at bottom. The wide spacing between paragraphs can sometimes be removed with the backspace key. If not, scanning the HTML code reveals a bewildering array of code in those places that I don't dare delete unless I am prepared to re-do the entire post ( in case the deletion ruins the post).The width of side margins varies but the mess on "Gap" is ridiculous! Today, the text margin is properly spaced so I can see our sidebar. Gadfly's post is correctly published. My knickers have BEEN in a knot, Gadfly, but with Blogger or whatever is causing this. You are forgiven and I admire your restraint.
Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:13:00 PM




Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, June 23, 2007 6:50:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

    Nice to hear from you, Gadfly.

    I can't figure out why Blogger does it on this blog but not on "granny".

    I'll take a look and see what's causing that huge gap at the bottom. There wasn't any code there that I could see.

     
  • At Saturday, June 23, 2007 1:13:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    On one post there was the same code at bottom as the mess we have to delete from the top, but others didn't have it, just the huge white space.

    On some of my personal blogs the accursed code at top is present AFTER something is saved but not if I publish directly, yet even then there is the wide space at bottom.

    The wide spacing between paragraphs can sometimes be removed with the backspace key. If not, scanning the HTML code reveals a bewildering array of code in those places that I don't dare delete unless I am prepared to re-do the entire post ( in case the deletion ruins the post).

    The width of side margins varies but the mess on "Gap" is ridiculous! Today, the text margin is properly spaced so I can see our sidebar. Gadfly's post is correctly published.

    My knickers have BEEN in a knot, Gadfly, but with Blogger or whatever is causing this. You are forgiven and I admire your restraint.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home