Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Friday, June 29, 2007

As A Favor to Me and a Gesture to a Fellow Blogger

I don't know how many of you know our online friend granny insanity.

She's another of our many intelligent women bloggers who's become discouraged. I hear her clearly and can identify with every word she wrote. Some days I read through my mail and I don't know where to start. So much is evil on so many levels. How do I focus on one or two problems? So I don't and yet another day goes by without a post.

The recent Supreme Court decisions (all 5-4) were almost the last straw. With very few exceptions, they toed the Administration line. We knew this would happen when Roberts and Alito were confirmed. Personally, I sat at a table in our town square with petitions in a vain effort to stop the confirmations. Very few of our good local citizens knew who either one of them were. The word filibuster was foreign to them. Bush got his hand picked Court and the results are already all too obvious.

They railed against "activist" judges when they are the most "activist" of all. They overturn years of precedent without a thought and stand logic and the Constitution on its ear.

But - at least I did something, no matter how futile. Our weekly vigil against the war is also doing something. Every blogger who sits down at a keyboard is doing something. Every phone call and every letter is important. I said the other day and I'll repeat it now, at the very least we support each other.

We may not agree on everything; I'd be a little afraid if we did. We do agree on the important things and we can't allow discouragement to run us off.

The country is beginning, albeit slowly, to awaken. I'd like to think we (all of us) were part of bringing that about.

Every blogger out here is important. I want my friend in Montana to know that.

Please drop over and tell her so.


COMMENTS:

The Future Was Yesterday said...
......Very few of our good local citizens knew who either one of them were. The word filibuster was foreign to them.Imo, you put your finger on a very large part of the problem. SO many are politically ignorant, and seem to be that way by choice! The politics of the day are not pleasant to dwell on by any means....but apathy does nothing but increase their unpleasantness.I'm on my way to your friend.
Friday, June 29, 2007 8:27:00 PM
Daniel said...
I agree, Granny, that all bloggers are important. Where else are there voices speaking out against the Evil Ones?
Saturday, June 30, 2007 12:16:00 AM
Progressive Traditionalist said...

Hello, Granny Ann.
And thank you for your efforts.

What got me about the whole confirmation thing was the way that it was sooooo obvious that they were trying to duck the questions, to side-step the process itself, and they let them get away with it.

Unfortunately, our country will pay for this madness, and for a very long time to come.

Saturday, June 30, 2007 1:52:00 PM

Delete
Worried said...

PT, you are soooo RIGHT!

Saturday, June 30, 2007 6:27:00 PM

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 29, 2007 9:27:00 PM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    ......Very few of our good local citizens knew who either one of them were. The word filibuster was foreign to them.
    Imo, you put your finger on a very large part of the problem. SO many are politically ignorant, and seem to be that way by choice! The politics of the day are not pleasant to dwell on by any means....but apathy does nothing but increase their unpleasantness.

    I'm on my way to your friend.

     
  • At Saturday, June 30, 2007 1:16:00 AM , Blogger Daniel said...

    I agree, Granny, that all bloggers are important. Where else are there voices speaking out against the Evil Ones?

     
  • At Saturday, June 30, 2007 2:52:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello, Granny Ann.
    And thank you for your efforts.

    What got me about the whole confirmation thing was the way that it was sooooo obvious that they were trying to duck the questions, to side-step the process itself, and they let them get away with it.

    Unfortunately, our country will pay for this madness, and for a very long time to come.

     
  • At Saturday, June 30, 2007 7:27:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    PT, you are soooo RIGHT!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home