Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

I've been trying to think of something to write about Memorial Day this year and nothing comes to mind.

As I often do, I'll borrow someone else's words.

John Donne
Meditation 17
Devotions upon Emergent Occasions

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee..."


Our thoughts and prayers are with our brave men and women overseas and with victims everywhere.

COMMENTS:

Kvatch said...
I found something. I wrote (obliquely) about Cheney's nonsensical speech before the West Point cadets. What a ethically challenged tool he is. What a terrible folly has caused 3455 men and women to be killed in combat for nothing. I'm feeling very ashamed today.Good quote though. You can always count on Donne.
Monday, May 28, 2007 4:05:00 PM
Granny said...
I didn't hear Cheney but I did hear part of the Bush speech. The hypocrisy turned my stomach.
Monday, May 28, 2007 4:33:00 PM

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 28, 2007 5:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I found something. I wrote (obliquely) about Cheney's nonsensical speech before the West Point cadets. What a ethically challenged tool he is. What a terrible folly has caused 3455 men and women to be killed in combat for nothing.

    I'm feeling very ashamed today.

    Good quote though. You can always count on Donne.

     
  • At Monday, May 28, 2007 5:33:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    I didn't hear Cheney but I did hear part of the Bush speech. The hypocrisy turned my stomach.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home