Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm Still Around

Tomorrow is election day and I have yet to finish up mine and Ray's ballots (yes it's legal to do that as long as he signs it). He's back in hospital again so I'll carry it over there and then down to the Registrar in plenty of time tomorrow.

Procrastination and an unwillingness to wade through the California propositions are to blame. The elective offices themselves are a no-brainer. I'll hold my nose in some cases but I'll vote.

I am so sick and tired of this election. The unending t.v. ads, each one nastier than the one which went before. Bush with his arm around some neo-con trying desperately for votes every time I turn around. The "independent" court in Iraq coming up with a verdict 4 days before the election.

Our CA voters seem to have the attention span of gnats. They've forgotten all about our "special election" and the defeat of everyone of Arnold's pet projects and are ready to elect him once again. The best I can hope for is to retain the Democratic Legislature.

Oh well. I'll be glued to the t.v. along with everyone else tomorrow to see what the rest of the country will do.

And then I'll try to get back here more often.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, November 06, 2006 10:32:00 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

    texas is like calif..they just remember what they want to ..dont care that good hair perry said he would get them a cut in taxes, which amounted to about $30...we have the trans texas highway..which is the biggest land grab in texas history...perry is asshole deep with the coal companies and is pushing to have txu(texas utilities) build 3 new coal plants here in texas..no matter that no one wants the highway or the coal mines....makes me nuts...

     
  • At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 3:25:00 AM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    I'll hold my nose in some cases but I'll vote.
    Welcome back, Ann, and I hope the best for Ray.

    A clothes pin has long been my most important voting tool...(: There are so many times when I walk in there, and shake my head in despair. A gentleman behind me, in line to vote in the 2004 elections quipped; "I'm here to exercise my right to futility."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home