Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, August 05, 2006

IT'S THE HEAT??

I'm with granny - I am so sick of war and politics and bad news from all over the globe that I am about ready to throw in the towel. I don't know if I can hang in here until the elections. The old lady is tired.

If we don't take a break now and then we'll go insane. Thanks, Granny, for the meme. I'm not going to jump in there but it did give me pause for reflection, mentally reviewing some of the books I've read and finding it impossible to choose between oldies but goodies. A good book is never obsolete. As a matter of fact, I dug in my bookshelves until I found an old favorite and read a few choice chapters.

Here's a bit of news far and away from politics, war, global troubles, etc.
*************
Well, you see Officer, it's like this.....

Sweltering Man Struts Nude : http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14191915
Lost clothes, car, and false teeth; on way to visit relatives.

Two nude men, one clad in cowboy boots and hat, other waving Old Glory. Alleged to have attended party that got out of hand. One captured, other escaped.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14141611

Babbling naked man rolling in street
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14155586
Sounds as if he was under influence of more than pot; partners undoubtedly furious at him.

It is hot even in Maine:
Woman bakes cookies on dashboard of SUV. They look perfect and delicious.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14174161

The media always publishes a photo of someone frying an egg on a sidewalk during a heat wave.
However, the egg wasn't edible. This woman's cookies appear very edible. A way to use solar heat to practical advantage. I've read of "engine cooking"- placing a foil wrapped food item on the car engine when traveling and the item cooking very well. Meal ready at the end of the journey.
When Husband and I were in Western Australia where summer heat is intense, he and co-workers cooked a steak on the rocks at jobsite. And they ate it!

I hope everyone is keeping cool and safe.

4 Comments:

  • At Saturday, August 05, 2006 11:59:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    It doesn't help when your blogging partner seems to have bailed out on you.

    I haven't. It's just been an unusually busy week and by the time I sit down to think about a post, I can't focus.

    I deleted almost 500 emails from Yahoo today. I wouldn't even pretend to myself I could read them all.

    Deleted some publications I never get to read.

    I'll be back (to quote my illustrious governator).

     
  • At Sunday, August 06, 2006 12:30:00 AM , Blogger enigma4ever said...

    Hey there Ladies- you all do a great job..and sometimes breaks and rest and respite are in order- and also mixing it up and changing the pace ( says the lazy bloggeress who stopped writing and started throwing YouTube videos on her blog every other day...)

    You all do great- you keep us thinking ..laughing..and heartstrings plucked...as it should be...
    take care of yourselves...

     
  • At Sunday, August 06, 2006 1:08:00 AM , Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

    Hi,

    I came over from Ann's other blog--Rock Rebel Granny.

    I remember when we were having another heat wave back in I guess 1970 I was nine(that dates me), and my mom said something about testing a theory--she went outside with a frying pan and an egg. And yes it was hot enough to cook an egg(in a frying pan) on the side walk.

    Janice~

     
  • At Sunday, August 06, 2006 10:13:00 AM , Blogger Ingrid said...

    I know what you mean re. all politics all the time. It's about balance and I try to have that in my life but don't at the moment. So I need to distance myself emotionally from it because it's so easy to be and stay incensed! We are finally are getting 100F this week (finally meaning, it had not really happened before, not as in, finally hip hip hooray)..it is enough to make you go stir crazy inspite of going to the pool..we're kinda tired of trottin' over to go there to..so last night, when we were lucky to have the 3 1/2 yr old fall asleep in the car, my almost 9yr old and I went home and put on the Fellowship of the Ring.. seeing that pretty face of Viggo Mortensen brightens up any of my weary days! lol
    Ingrid

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home