Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Sunday, July 23, 2006

MALE COUNTERPART OF SHE-WHO- SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED

While I was scouring the newsies to find something to take my mind off BushCo, politics, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and Lebanon and horrific war images, Alternet came to my rescue.

Bill O'Reilly has once again, as usual, set his motormouth in motion without engaging brain. That may be an unfair accusation. Is it wrong to criticize someone who is so obviously lacking? I do not like to be cruel but in this instance I will not apologize.

This dork claims the American Jews split on on-camera decapitations; Jewish liberals ...pro-beheading, according to Alternet's blurb. Ye gods!! Can you believe the man said that?? I wonder just who did his polls of Jewish folks?

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/39279 Please scroll down to the Comments section; some pithy remarks there. I needed the grin.

For more on the article and an audio clip, click on http://mediamatters.org/items/200607200004

Olbermann named O'Reilly "worst person" for making that statement. Good article and video.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200607210005

I thought that inane remark plus the rest of his comment bore a strong odor of anti-Semitism, but Olbermann came right out with it. I don't like what the insurgents do in Iraq and I don't like what the US does in Iraq. I don't like what Hezbollah is doing and I don't like what Israel is doing. And I surely don't like anything that smacks of racism. I am pro-humanity.

Do any of you believe that any American Jews approve of terrorists beheading people? Do you think O'Reilly's remarks smell of anti-Semitism? Or are Olbermann and I being too sensitive?

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 23, 2006 5:50:00 PM , Blogger Jolly Roger said...

    O'Reilly can only speak authoritatively on falafel-on all other things he is an idiotic dolt.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:19:00 PM , Blogger Endorendil said...

    Just as with She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, the target audience is left-wing people like you and me. The phenomenom was first documented (that I recall), with shock-jocks like Stern. O'Reilly makes money (loads of it) by playing to a tiny group of numbnut believers, and a huge (much wealthier) group of people who hate his guts, and hang on his lips so they won't miss a single one of his outrageous statements. Please don't listen to this guy, don't blog about him, don't complain about him. Put him in the same "lock-box" where Ann sits (and the surplus in the federal budget...).

     
  • At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:56:00 PM , Blogger JBlue said...

    Just like She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, there's something wrong with O'Reilly.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home