Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Satiric View of Today's Wars

JuBlu turned me on to a site in which I found a blog whose satiric posts are apropos to the articles we post about the wars going on. The author of the blog presents a god named Mangala, God of War and Empire ( http://mangala.blogspot.com ) who observes and comments on man's doings in the wars. Some people fail to understand satire, but I believe most of our friends who visit me and Granny here do and can appreciate the fine irony on some of the posts.

In the posts, Moon Calf is ofcourse our fearless leader, President George W. Bush. I think you can readily identify the Dark Robes. The reference to "the Caliphates' return" is about Mahdi, the 12th imam, the Shii Islamic belief in a Messianic person, whom we may liken somewhat to the Jews' belief in a Messiah to come and the Christian belief in the return of Jesus Christ as the Messiah.

I like this blog and may post links to it occasionally. I have several on tap now to post. I hope you like them, also. This is a very good one:

http://mangala.blogspot.com/2004/04/rich-tangle.html

I would like to hear your thoughts on this satiric post and if you like this blogger's writing and style.

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006 11:43:00 PM , Blogger Ingrid said...

    Hey guys,
    I've been busy emailing invites to my blogger round table whilst my dh and son went on a fishing trip for a few days so my 3yr old has had to have her main attention from me. I hope to catch up on reading my friends' blogs and I know you guys always post interesting material. I'll read this blog later and give you the feedback..hope all is well with you,
    Ingrid

     
  • At Friday, July 21, 2006 1:37:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thank you, Ingrid. You are always welcome, any time you can drop by.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home