Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I'm At a Loss for Words

I've been reading about the ever changing situation in Lebanon. I've been looking at photos of headless babies and been sickened. I've tried to come to some sort of conclusions and write something that makes sense. I've managed to leave a few comments on other blogs while remaining mostly silent here. I've finally decided I can't make sense out of the senseless.

I was appalled, but not surprised, by the veto of the stem cell research bill. His cyncism and hypocrisy have reached new levels, even for him. I thought once again about the concern for children right up to the moment of birth. At that time I was thinking about our domestic policy only.

I didn't make the connection between his first veto (who needs the veto when you can issue signing statements), our direct responsibility for the carnage in Iraq, and our indirect responsibility for the escalating destruction and loss of life in Lebanon.

My thanks to Echidne of the Snakes for her post today. She had no difficulty seeing the connection.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:25:00 PM , Blogger Chip said...

    One of the most disgusting and disturbing things is how the right wingers are now justifying killing civilians. The arguments range from, well they would just grow up to be terrorists anyway to Dershowitz I believe arguing that if a civilian sympathizes with the enemy then they are a legitimate target.

    These people have the morals of fascists!

     
  • At Sunday, July 23, 2006 4:48:00 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

    they make me want to bang my head on the wall....

     
  • At Sunday, July 23, 2006 6:15:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    And just how does he know where the sympathies lie? Doesn't he think that some of them may be just as opposed to the war and the evil violence as we are?

    He is merely seeking an excuse to excuse the inexcusable.

     
  • At Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:32:00 AM , Blogger Sothis said...

    Bush doesn't care about kids once they are born--like most of his party.

    I can't bring myself to look at the pictures from Lebanon. Shrub is just letting the Israeli's bomb the hell out of them because he thinks that will make the people hate Hezbollah and love the West. That has worked so well in Afghanistan and Iraq, so why won't it work in Lebanon, too?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home