Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, May 06, 2006

More from Truthout

Sometimes, when so much is going on at once (see Worried American's posts below), if I couldn't laugh once in a while, I couldn't keep going.

Evidently William Rivers Pitt feels the same way.

He has written an entire essay around one word - nuclear and the mangling of the word.

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, May 06, 2006 8:40:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It is odd what seemingly minor things will be teeth-gritters. Mine was/is spelling, or misspelled words in public publications. It annoys me even more that now in my old age I catch myself misspelling words or have to go to Websters to recall a correct spelling.

    Another is the misuse of similar sounding words with vastly different meanings. Like phase for faze, raze for raise. I suppose too many people relay on spell check; however, if the wrong word is a proper word and spelled correctly, the computer will not catch the error.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home