Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Monday, May 22, 2006

Gold Star Mom Speaks Out (see article)

I'm bending one of my unwritten rules with this post. Normally I say very little about Iraq. Everyone knows I opposed the war from the beginning and they also know I want our men and women home.

Worried American has done much more research than I so normally I just hold her coat and support her when it seems necessary.

This post from Daily KOS, however, touched me as a mother with a National Guard son who still may find himself deployed. We think not, but if they're willing to recruit autistic children and send soldiers ** back to combat with serious PTSD , my son's service inflicted back injury won't slow them down much.

** I'm not sure if we posted on the soldiers with PTSD; the link is to fire dog lake. Thanks.

I want all our sons and daughters out of this quagmire and safely home. It's not worth one more life and never was.

5 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 22, 2006 7:50:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I fervently hope and pray that your son is spared. They sent MartyOnTheHomefront's boy back with a bad back. After pressure from the CO or some officer, the doctor changed her recommendation and he was sent back anyway for "light duty".

    They don't care; BushCo and through him the Pentagon and the military just want live bodies for cannon fodder. The military personell are under great pressure to get live bodies over there.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:36:00 AM , Blogger SheaNC said...

    "Everyone knows I opposed the war from the beginning"

    I'm glad I wasn't the only one!

    8^)

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:33:00 AM , Blogger Marty said...

    I got my congressman involved with the back problem and he did a congressional inquiry. He tried to help, but the military twisted the facts to their own advantage. What recourse do we have? I think none. So far the military is abiding by the restrictions, except for the fact he should not even be there. And he is not receiving the therapy he had just begun prior to deployment. It took him over a year of complaining after he returned from his first deployment to get any therapy at all. Then when he finally begins to get the therapy, they send him back over there. They will use you until you are useless to them and then they throw you out with the dogs to fend for yourself. It's disgusting. And this is an active duty soldier. For the National Guard and Reservists it's even worse. Support the troops, yeah, whatever.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:19:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It will take mass uprisings and massive dissent from the citizens, a la Vietnam, to make an impression on the White House.

    But if that happens - which with the apathy of 99% of the citizens, it won't, unless they institute the draft and it is THEIR children- Bush will probably send out armed militias against the protesters, or send his Praetorian Guard, the mercenariese who, like in New Orleans, are authorized to use deadly force against citizens.
    Or he'll enact laws making dissent treasonable. America has allowed him to go beyond the tipping point I'm afraid.

    Our only hope, and it's a slim one, is to get a Democratic Congress in power that has guts and spine enough to stand against him. IF IF IF we can find candidates that aren't gutless, or are not corruptible by the neocons and corporations.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:25:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    I already said it in email. We live in dangerous times. I go back many years and I don't remember ever being so fearful for the country.

    I think the multicolored frog just issued a bugle call. Let me check.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home