Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Sunday, May 21, 2006

John McCain and the Truth

John McCain is one of these people who, on the surface, is hard to dislike. He sounds so reasonable and he's easy to listen to. Too easy.

Take a look at this article from Slate which addresses, among other things, his flipflop on his relationship with Jerry Falwell and his recent address at Liberty University. As all of you know, that caused him considerable embarrassment a short time later in New York when he trotted out what was basically the same speech and was nailed to the mast by a student who had done her homework.

He has never changed his stripes. He modified his tone when he needed the moderates. Now he's courting the extremists.

And they accuse us of waffling. This man is a master.

7 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 21, 2006 2:36:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I am disgusted, let down, and vastly disappointed in both McCain and Powell, men for whom I once held deep respect.

     
  • At Sunday, May 21, 2006 2:41:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    Me too. I probably would have stuck with the Dems regardless but once upon a time I respected them both even though McCain and I will never agree on women's rights and Powell and I will never agree on "don't ask, don't tell". Those could be common ground issues were it not for politics and appeasement.

     
  • At Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:53:00 PM , Blogger april said...

    Hi granny, I was watching the Daily Show a couple days ago (we get it the next day here in Scotland) and they showed the clip of McCain badmouthing Jerry Falwell back to back with him schmoozing with him and giving a speech at Falwell's college's graduation. It was pretty awful.

    Just wanted to say this blog was a great read and I will be stopping back again. As an American living in the UK if I can ever give you any input on how things are being viewed from over here I'd be more than happy.

     
  • At Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:08:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    I like what little I saw of your blog when I checked in too. I'll be back.

    Thanks for the comments here and on granny an by all means send us anything you think might be helpful.

    My email address is over on the granny sidebar.

    Oh what the heck.

    My email address - everyone knows it anyway

    ann.adams95340@gmail.com

     
  • At Monday, May 22, 2006 1:04:00 AM , Blogger SheaNC said...

    I am from Arizona, and was watching the scene as McCain first came to power. He was and shall always be a political prostitute who does whatever the party tells him to do. He's a photogenic shill whose values are bought and paid for. He a party whore.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:36:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    He was honored and respected for his duties and his suffering as a POW in Vietnam, but now he's perverted his popularity.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:19:00 PM , Blogger Granny said...

    Yes, and I was one who admired him.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home