Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Worried American

I was away from the computer for a while this afternoon and came back to find an email from Worried American about her mother. I'd been expecting it and have been quite concerned about her but it wasn't my place to say anything here until she did.

Now I can.

She and I met not long after I started Rocrebelgranny (the other blog). I'm not sure how she found me but I began receiving comments from what I first thought were two different commenters in Texas. I introduce new people over there and at some point I introduced her to her. I'm sure she must have been shaking her head. As she said, she's a private person and it took me a while to make the connection between the two user names.

My birth mother died a few years ago after a long battle with cancer. It was a difficult time. I first met her when I was around 19 and we'd become close. My adoptive mother back in central New York is 93 and doing well but I know that I could expect a phone call like the one Worried is waiting for at any time.

It will be sad and exhausting for her. A lot of travel and final arrangements are involved as she said. I would have wished a peaceful death for her mother as well. Now I just hope the medical staff can keep her as comfortable as possible and, if she can't recover, that this doesn't drag on. That will help nobody.

I have said often over on granny and in private emails that I am surprised at how close I feel to the online friends I've never "met". I rejoice in joys like births and birthdays and am saddened by this kind of news.

We are a varied community here of different spiritual beliefs (Or none) but I know we share concern for each other. It goes with the kind of people we are I think.

Please keep Worried American in your thoughts or prayers. She may not be near a computer for a while but I know she'll appreciate your thoughts even if she doesn't see them right away. I don't know which one of us will keep you updated but if I hear something, I'll let you know. In the meantime, I'll try to hold down the fort over here. I don't have Worried's style but i'll be around.

It's homework time how with my youngest. Worried just came back in with another email and it's hard to bounce back and forth so I'll close this out.

Take care and please be thinking about my good friend. This will not be easy for her.

Ann

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home