Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Alito vote

The four Democrats who broke party ranks and voted for Alito are Sens. Robert Byrd of West Virginia, Tim Johnson of South Dakota, Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Kent Conrad of North Dakota. All four of the states represented by the senators were carried by Bush in both 2000 and 2004.

Lincoln Chaffee (R) of RI voted no.

Why should the Republican moderates stick their political necks out when our own won't bother?

If I were living in any of the above states, I think I'd campaign for the first Republican I could find. They couldn't be any worse and at least I'd know what to expect. It isn't backstabbing when it comes from the other side of the aisle. Maybe not but right now I'm angry enough to do something that dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home