Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Wise Saying


"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people" Eleanor Roosevelt - US diplomat & reformer (1884 - 1962)

I'd qualify "small minds discuss people" as gossiping. Discussing people as how they affect events and ideas is not small mindedness in my opinion. Example: Bush and Cheney's goals, lies. and actions and their effect on the world.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -
Eleanor Roosevelt

It took a smart woman who became my best friend to teach me the wisdom of that and help me realize my worth as a person. I grew up under less than ideal circumstances. School mates ridiculed me for my poor wardrobe, lower class speech and manners. People looked down on me as "poor white trash". I allowed them to instill in me the belief that I was inferior to normal people. I consented to them making me feel "less-than". No more!!

I found out that having an education and money did NOT make a person superior. Some of the richest people I know were "rich white trash" with very low class morals and characters. It is the person you are inside that makes you inferior or superior, not the external trappings.

So, be the Best You Can Be and forget the people who look down their noses at you. Borrowing a page from my early years, I say to hell with them!

COMMENTS:

2 Comment:

Blogger GDAEman said...

Insightful.

Monday, April 06, 2009 3:32:00 PM

Delete
Blogger Kvatch said...

A bit more talk about ideas, please. Even this new administration seems to be in 'reaction' mode.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:04:00 PM

Delete



Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home