Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I AM ONLY ME


I am only me, that is all that I can be
No more, no less, don't second guess

I love, I laugh, I live and cry,
I've wished at times, that I could die

Some days I'm funny, others I'm not,
sometimes I'm in overdrive and can't stop

I am a loyal and honest friend,
You know that I'll be there until the end

I am a father/mother, my children my greatest gift,
The smiles on their faces always give me a lift

I am a romantic, sensual, sexual, and passionate too,
to the love of my life, I'll share this with you

I can be sweet and shy or sassy and bold,
I'm quite a handful, or so I've been told

I am not perfect, I do have my faults,
like when I get scared I put up high walls

Or I'm not as forgiving, as I'd sometimes like to be,
because when I hurt, I hurt deeply

My logic is all my own, at times misunderstood,
because I don't always do things for my own good

I have many facets, like a diamond you see...
I am only me.

~by Ruth Bourdon~

COMMENTS:
Blogger Worried American said...

That poem describes you very well, my Friend.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:52:00 AM

Delete
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

"Some days I'm funny, others I'm not,
sometimes I'm in overdrive and can't stop"


NO!!! Ya Think?:)

I prefer to look at it this way: "I'm not in overdrive. You're just slow. Get your ass in gear or get off the road!!"

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:19:00 AM

Delete
Blogger Spadoman said...

Like Popeye the Sailor always says, "I am what I am and that's all that I am" The poem said it well. We're human beings and we are alive.

Sunday, April 05, 2009 6:48:00 AM

Delete
Blogger Gadfly said...

SPADOMAN!!! How totally GREAT to hear from you. Old Worried and I have missed you like blazes. Welcome, welcome. As she 'd say, "Do come back again. You are always welcome at our fire" or "Mi casa es su casa" (or something like that. My Spanish isn't so good but you know what I mean.)

Monday, April 06, 2009 7:27:00 AM

Delete




Delete
Delete

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home