Thank God and Greyhound He's Gone
Cross posted at The Future Was Yesterday
[Do you reckon the Obamas went to take a bath after hugging the Bushes goodbye??]
Goodbye and Good Riddance. Even as Bush's handlers and lackeys try desperately to whitewash his stint as president and lie about the "good" he has done, bloggers like Bernie Horn tell it like it is.
Click on the link for Horn's full article; it's a good overview of Bush's Legacy. Highlights listed below.
<Bye Bye to the Worst President Ever
On January 15, George W. Bush presented his valedictory, desperately seeking thanks and congratulations. So here goes: Thanks and congratulations, W, for showing the world that today’s conservatism is an abject failure.
1. The worst recession since the 1930s.
2. The worst financial crisis since the 1930s.
3. The worst foreign policy decision in the entire history of the U.S. (Iraq War)
4. Unprecedented rejection of human rights.
5. Watergate-style abuses of power.
6. Unprecedented increases in inequality
7. A culture of sleaze.
8. Blind rejection of science.
9. Utter refusal to protect the health, safety, and legal rights of Americans.
10. Presiding over our nation’s worst natural disaster, and not caring.
So, congratulations for being the worst president in American history. That’s not just my personal opinion; that’s the opinion of 109 historians polled by the History News Network. Fully 61 percent ranked Bush as the “worst ever.” Ninety-eight percent labeled his presidency a “failure.” And this poll, taken in early 2008, predated the cataclysmic housing and banking crashes. Bye bye W—history will not be kind.- Bernie Horn
Labels: Bye Bye Bush