Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Equal Rights in California

From Equality California just now

SACRAMENTO – Senate lawmakers on Tuesday passed Assembly Bill 43, which would end the exclusion of same-sex couples from the respect, support, protections and responsibilities that come with marriage. The Senate Judiciary Committee approved the bill with a 3-1 vote.


That paragraph is a little confusing but I know our State Senate was supposed to begin debate this morning. It sounds like it was a full Senate vote. I'll update as soon as I find out more - the vote count, for one thing.

Our governor vetoed it last year. Let's see what happens. If he does it again, we'll just keep bringing it up. His term won't last forever.

I attended our annual PFLAG barbecue last night with my son, my friend and her daughter, and two of my girls. I wish we'd had the news then. We could have had a celebration party at the same time.

Great news, especially in light of my recent post about civil unions in New Jersey.

Update at 5:45 p.m.

I've been checking the news off and on today and haven't found anything more. Perhaps it was just the committee vote. If so, I'm ahead of myself.

COMMENTS:


Worried said...

I hope this ends well for all concerned. Every citizen deserves equality.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 3:20:00

Worried said...

On July 8, 2007 Granny posted about gay rights (and denials) and wrote of a problem with UPS.

Thomas LBreceived a letter from UPS re: their problem with "civil unions" and denial of benefits. Check it out. It seems that someone at UPS reads blogs pertaining to them.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:36:00 AM


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home