Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Election Time Already

I was listening to one of the news shows this morning (CNN?) tell me that the Presidential candidates had to have a couple of million dollars apiece to even think about running. This was right after Senator Clinton announced she was forming an exploratory committee or whatever it's called. So it takes almost two years of campaigning and millions each to hold an election? Who's governing while they're all out on the stump for two years?

I was multiplying that $ figure in my head by the number of potential candidates and shuddering when I ran across this from Zay N. Smith in the Chicago Sun-Times. I need to move that paper over to my other mailbox as I keep forgetting to check it.

"The chairman of the Federal Election Commission yesterday predicted that 2008 will produce the first $1 billion presidential race. . . ."

No avoiding it. Now the corporations will need more tax relief so they can afford to keep running our politics.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 21, 2007 7:20:00 PM , Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

    Makes all the sense [sic] in the world. I just read that this Democratic Primary race is off to the earliest start in History. I've heard several talking head, ex-congress critters say you get elected, and you immediately start running for reelection.

     
  • At Monday, January 22, 2007 3:53:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    The corporations need more tax relief so they can keep running our politics. Yes, indeed. The practise of the Golden Rule; them that has the gold, rules.

    See the post "Who Rules America? Part 2 to be posted soon, as soon as I get over the current rants.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home