Is America Burning - a Forum To Discuss Issues

All comments welcome, pro or con. Passionate ok, but let's be civil. ...Pertinent comments will be published on this blog. Air your viewpoints.

Photobucket

Skyline - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blog On !

Granny and I appreciate every one of our friends/readers/visitors to this blog, but there are times when I would become discouraged about the few comments posted here when compared to the large numbers on other blogs. Only those comments we received kept me going when I felt down. You have no idea how much they mean to me.

Then I installed site meter and I was very surprised at the number of visitors who stopped by. I knew that some visitors did not comment, some were lurkers and some of those did not comment but sent emails, but I had no idea how many there really were. Also when doing various searches, I found Is America Burning turning up in unexpected places. I deduced that we had far more readers and coverage than I imagined.

Now and then we have foreign visitors, some from Arab states, and some unidentified. Some site meter posts state Domain name, IP address, ISP continent, country = unknown, and referring url is blank. Ofcourse I do not understand this. There are numbers who are registered as 0.00 time, indicating they are surfers who click on and click off. Some access the blog through bloglines or through search engines for certain topics, and some access us directly and are on for a few minutes to 17 to 30 minutes and access a number of pages. Even more surprising are the ones who click off after accessing the sidebar entries of cost of war, national debt, and the clustrmap, and most of these are from foreign visitors! I would have thought that such stats were of more interest to Americans.

I often urge other bloggers to blog on, as bloggers in general do a good service. I am heartened and will blog on, also.

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:14:00 PM , Blogger Kris said...

    I know how you feel! Sometimes I don't get many comments on my blog either. I have always liked Is America Burning! I would comment on your blog more,but sometimes I'm Lucky if I have time to sort through my own Email, and write a few sentences on my own blog! Keep up the Good Work! Your efforts are not in vain! May I also ask you to keep your readers updated on Divine Strake. This is a Huge Issue in Utah!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:40:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Kris, thank you for stopping by. It has been quite a while since I visited you and I am glad to be in touch again.

    I understand about the time - That is a problem for everyone. Sorting through snail mail and email, answering what needs a reply, phone conversations, reading newsies and choosing articles for posting, trying to juggle several public blogs, working on personal blogs, homehealth nurse visits, homecare provider visits, reading for pleasure, running errands, etc. etc. Even for a basically homebound, elderly, handicapped person with no job nor family duties, there just isn't enough time to do al I want to do.

    I will check into the Divine Strake mess. I believe I have some articles and perhaps even some graphics in my files cache.

    Thank you again for visiting us.

     
  • At Thursday, January 25, 2007 2:16:00 PM , Blogger Sherhazade said...

    I'm surprised you didn't guess!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home